BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone reccomend a good CB shop in the lower mainland? Radio Shack has decided to get completly out of the CB industry and two other places I found in the yellow pages went out of business. I am looking for a shop preferably in Richmond or North Van, but I am rather desperate so it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a Radio Shack CB (40 Channel - Model TRC 502) and antenna (Mag. mount 39" stainless whip & spring) about a year ago. It works great, unfortunately I now have to sell it as I am moving abroad.

$60 ono for both, email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Cheers, Martin.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I just bought a Uniden CB and a whip antenna at a place very near Main and Marine Drive in Vancouver. I can't remember what it's called but it's in the west side of main st. about 100 or 200 feet north of marine drive. The place specializes in short wave radios but also sells some CB stuff.

There is also a place I tried which is near the Mt Lehman exit but they were closed when I went there.

The Canadian Tire store in Langley also sells CB's but only seems to have magnetic antennae as far as I can tell.

Chris.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
cambodian tire, wall mart, ummmmmmm gotta be some other well known places. if all else fails, TRUCK STOPS!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anybody know if Walmart has the Handheld Cobra CB's?

Anyone had any luck using the handheld CB's, not for distance just on the trails?

Thanks

Trevor

·
Registered
58 Posts
handheld cobras

my buddies and i use the handheld cobra two-ways on trail and at merrit etc.... they work great but start to get static around two kilometers away

1 - 9 of 9 Posts