BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you guys reccomend to rebuild 1.6L 16V engine? And any figures on price would be appreciated as well. Cam suggestions?

Mike.

------------------
85 Flat deck toyota, chevy's, new frame, for sale.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Originally posted by MEK:
Who do you guys reccomend to rebuild 1.6L 16V engine? And any figures on price would be appreciated as well. Cam suggestions?

Mike.

Hey Mike, U can buy a complete bottom end kit from RRO, Hawk, or others. As far as the head goes, u shouldn't need anything more than valve seals, camshaft seals and main gaskets (top and btm).... For 16V cam I'm not sure. Try to call Isky for mo' info.

HIH

------------------
-marker

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Mark I've never built an engine before and I'm not up to trying. I'd sooner have a shop that knows what they are doing handle it. I was looking for a recomendation like Bond mechanical or Canada engine, but preferably a place that is known to do Suzukis. But since I trust you to build my steering, have you ever built an engine?

Mike.

------------------
85 Flat deck toyota, chevy's, new frame, for sale.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Originally posted by MEK:
But since I trust you to build my steering, have you ever built an engine?
Ooops yeah, I'm working on it (steering)

Yeah, I've done many, many engines in my past (read: pre-married) life, hehehehe
It's not a rocket science.....as a matter of principle, I would NEVER let anybody touch my stuff unless absolutely necessary.
I can help you as much as I can should you decide to go that route.

------------------
-marker

[This message has been edited by marker (edited January 02, 2002).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts