BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking a road trip up to Inuvik this summer and I need to find some 31" tires that hold up well to gravel roads©

I have some 33" BFG AT KO's that don't seem to like gravel all that much© I have torn some pretty good patches out of them already©
What brands do you guys recomend?

Thanks,

Evan

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just bought some 31x10.5" Big O Pathmax tires, and I love them. They come with a 3 year warranty, free rotations, flat repairs etc. I took them out in the snow last weekend, and I was pulling out all the other trucks, and I never got stuck. They are an all terrain so gravel roads probably won't take big chunks out of them (If you try to keep off the gas).
Good luck!

------------------
98 Dakota

·
Registered
453 Posts
we sell goodyear workhorse extra grips in a 31. Sell alot of these tires to lggers for that purpose, they hold up really well in gravel, and are supposed to be pretty good in the mud

------------------
Project MudhuckerII is now underway and movin ahead

G

·
traction king is also a great tire for gravel logging roads they seam to be the choice for pickups out in the bush in williams lake we used them on our dodge service truck when we hade it they are a great tire

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by mudrunner:
evan you say the bfg's are no good????
Sorry for taking so long to reply, but the board kept telling me to stop trying to hack into it and wouldn't let me post?

No. I locked up my tires once while travelling down a gravel road (stupid deer) and tore 1/8" (maybe even a little deeper in spots) patches out of three of the tires. I have also lost a few bits and pieces just driving. Mind you this is on a 4500lb Tacoma and not even a full size truck.

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited March 13, 2002).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.