BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gotta love driving down the road, when everything starts to vibrate, then all of a sudden KABLAM!!!! there goes your driveshaft rolling beside you as you come to a rolling stop. Yeah so I guess you can figure out what happened to me tonight =) Anyway, luckily enough it wasn't the driveshaft itself, I was hoping it migh be a U-joint, but instead it was the coupling between the U-Joint and the rear-end.... ah well... gonna go to Lordco tomorrow, see what they can do for a price... anyone know what these sort of things go for in price? Its for an '82 SJ410 (Samurai). There's nothing left to do now, but laugh
"]http://www.bc4x4.com/ubb/smilies/cwm41.gif[/IMG][/url]
not to mention it took me 45 minutes to limp home in FWD only =(

------------------
1982 Suzuki SJ410
Dual Battery, 10" lift, 33X12.5X15, '94 swift motor, rancho's all 'round, 950watt offroad lights, 5spd, racing bucket seats, Aurrora plug wires.

Soon to be 5pnt harness, cd player, CB, truck bedliner entire interrior, more offroad lights :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
dude! i hear ya.
i'm nursing a set of sore knuckles in a bucket of ice right now,and several innocent in-animate objects around my house will never be the same...
laughing.oh ya,i'm laughing.
re-post when you get your results in for better or worse.

------------------
A.K.A. uzi9mm

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmmm well its not the driveshaft ITSELF that blew up, more or less the slip yoke. Problem is, Lordco and wakefield spurling aren't able to get any... and I dred going into UAP...

------------------
1982 Suzuki SJ410
Dual Battery, 10" lift, 33X12.5X15, '94 swift motor, rancho's all 'round, 950watt offroad lights, 5spd, racing bucket seats, Aurrora plug wires.

Soon to be 5pnt harness, cd player, CB, truck bedliner entire interrior, more offroad lights :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
so what exactly was it that went kablooie?
a u-joint or the slip yoke or the end of the drive shaft that joins the slip yoke via the u-joint,ifn' ya know wot i mean?

------------------
A.K.A. uzi9mm

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the yoke itself.

------------------
1982 Suzuki SJ410

1 - 7 of 7 Posts