BC 4x4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the maps, it appears there's a downgraded road heading into Greendrop Lake from the East in Chilliwack.

Backroads Mapbook has a gate on it, but Chillwack Forest district doesn't appear to. It sounds like just a deactivated logging road on their road report.

Anyone know if this gate exists, if one can get a key for it, and if the road goes all the way to the lake? I've read some awesome reports on the fishing in that lake - hope to get some fishing time in there...

Thanks in advance!

·
Following in the footprints of BC's history
4,911 Posts
I've heard of it, and apparently there used to be a gate on it, but I believe the trail is so far gone it's just a hiking trail now. Go ahead and give it a shot though, the last I heard it had been turned into a trail was about the mid-90's. someone may have pushed it through again. I'd like to know! Cheers

BTW Greendrop Lake is a great hike and camping area coming in from Lindeman Lk.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hike was the original plan; I was going to do that until I read on the forestry site that the backroad was in...

I may still just strap the tube to my back and hike the trail just for kicks... It's a beautiful lake - and it's only 5km in... looks like it's all in a valley too from all the maps I've been seeing...

FWIW, this lake's on the Trans Canada trail....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey you are one of those crazy hiking fishermen to? On Tuesday I hiked into Eaton lake with my waders and fished the creek that runs outta the lake. Me and my brother caught about 50 fish in about 3 hrs. The hike was the most exhausting i have ever been on, it is only 4.1km long but u gain 1km in elevation it is almost straight up, it took us 2.5hrs to get there and only 50 mins to get down.

I am going to Liumchen for an overnight trip this weekend, and am bringing my tube in, there are lots of fish that get to 2 lbs and some that get to 20 inches :eek:

Liumchen is about a 2 hr hike each way but isnt near as steep as eaton. This year I also want to go to Flora, Pierce and hanging lakes

·
Registered
103 Posts
green drop is hard too fish due too the surrounding bush and rocks... but theres some good size ones in there...better bring the tube...as for the others ...flora is shallow with little too no fish at times...and hangging lake is about the same.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, the plan was to strap my "V" boat to my back and hike in.... i recon 5km isn't too bad with a boat strapped to my back - I think I'll feel differently.

I'm going it alone - bear spray's probably a good idea eh...

·
Registered
802 Posts
CostasTJ said:
bear spray's probably a good idea eh...
Yep, it adds flavour to an otherwise dull meal. The bear will appreciate it. Might want to get some of those bear bells too, you know, the ones that tinkle "dinner's served!". :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Now that was funny:laugh :laugh :laugh

Go hike it and give a report on if it could be driven. so we can wreck the hiking trail for everyone...lol...
R...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I hiked into Lindeman actually from Chillwack lake... It was really short, but with my "V" boat strapped to my back it was a bit of a challenge :)

Anyway, Lindeman's full of fish... Problem is they were all pregnant. Their eggs were matured in their belly and they were ready to lay their eggs.

Seemed as though the fat mama fish were the only ones biting on Saturday.

At least they were all 14". That's pretty big by lower mainland standards...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I hiked into Liumchen lake Saturday mornin and stayed overnight till Sunday. Once we got into the valley before the lake there was still 4-6 feet of snow and we lost the trail and it ended up taking us 5 hrs to get to the lake. The hike out only took us 2hrs 15min cause we knew where we were going. The fishing was pretty good, we caught about 10 in 3 hrs of fishing, biggest was 15 inches. This lake will be alot better in July and August so I will be going in again probably mid July.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts