BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went down to Hale Creek the last weekend and noticed that one of the roads ( the easy one not the fun one ) was deactivated by piling about a million tons of dirt in huge mounds all over the road. The second ( fun ) road is still open.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By the fun road I mean the steeper one that goes through the trees from the main logging road to the lake.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Whereabouts is hale creek?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
its up west harrison, slightly before and down from sunrise if my memory serves me correctly(its been a year since ive been up there)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Where is it in relation to 20 mile bay?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I dont know where 20 mile bay is so I have no idea. i've only been as far as sunrise lake

·
Registered
303 Posts
okay. can i get some directions then?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just drive down the west side of Harrison on the main logging road until around 23-24 km or so. On the right side you'll see two roads ( maybe 50m apart or so ) going down to the right. The first road is the "fun" one and the second is blocked off. It is very close to the Sunrise Lake turn off which is on the right (uphill) side of the main road.

The Sunrise Lake trail is better than Hale creek but since they're so close and relatively short you might as well do 'em both in the same day.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oops. Sunrise is to the left not the right.

·
Registered
303 Posts
ah! muchas gracia senor.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Both Lower Hale roads are open and in similar condition to what they were in the spring. No change other than the hard way has gotten "better" from usage.:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Could i run my stock Cherokee on the "Fun" side? How 'bout Sunrise, could it do that one to?

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
Dangerous said:
Could i run my stock Cherokee on the "Fun" side? How 'bout Sunrise, could it do that one to?
Yes, your Cherokee will be able to tackle both trails.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts