BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tried a HJ60 today, and the gears were hard to get shifted, esp. from 1st to second.
Anybody has a similar problem? Or better asked, anybody had a similar problem and did the problem went to worse and had to rebuid the gear-box? The cruiser has 350.000 km..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks. I don't know the terms in english, but on my Land Rover, I changed the "synchronizers" these are bronze parts that are supposed to synchronise the gears and avoid the old double clutching that old truck needed. Here I had the impression it was more of an upper problem in the gear-box where the fork of the changing lever is....if this any understandable in my broken english! In any case synthetic oil allways help!

·
Registered
363 Posts
not to familiar with that tranny, but most hard shifting is caused by 1) the clutch not completely disengaging 2)low oil in the tranny 3)worn out syncros. it is possible that the forks or shiftter are binding, but i only see this as a possibility if the truck has been sitting and they have rusted.

------------------
go BIG, or go home.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I would bleed the slave cylinder for the hydraulic clutch before I tore into the tranny......
Also the first gear may not be synchroed on that tranny.....And isn't it a 5:1 first anyway? you will likely be starting in second gear...

------------------
1948 WILLYS flatfender
Gradually becoming un-toyotafied.......Got 4.3???
http://www.ottindustries.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts