BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harrison Hot Springs area: good riding for a stock '02 TJ with 31" MT/Rs anywhere?

Hi folks...

Need some info on where some good trails/lakes are in the area of Harrison Hot Springs. The fiancee and I are headed out there for the weekend, and we're looking at doing some exploring. Nothing really major...but maybe going to Bear Lake or Campbell Lake or something like that.

I'm looking through the Backroad Mapbook 3rd Ed I bought from NSOR recently, and while there are some decent suggestions in the book, I'm wondering if anybody has any good info on what, where, when and how to find some good trails.

I've never been to the area before btw...although my fiancee has.

Thanks people! :)
Cheers!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmmm...nobody knows anything, eh?

Is there anything around that area at all...stock TJ or Bloody Wild-Beast??

Thank you.
Cheers!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Its just that Harrison has been done to death on this board. You have to be a little more specific like Harrison East or Harrison West. East side you travel through Harrison Hot Springs itself and West side you turn North off of Lougheed Hwy. at the Saquatch Inn- try one their Sasquatch burgers- you'll never be the same. And neither will your ass. Try the website blazinobsession.com that guy's got some nice spot suggestions. Say hi the mosquitos for me.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
If u don't mind a long drive, head up east or west Harrison and check out the Clear Creek hot spring or the Sloquet hot spring (respectively).

Be VERY CAREFUL, though, there will be lots of drunken idiots driving on the roads (long weekend).

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh man! That page is exactly what I needed!!

THANK YOU!!

(I love this site)
:violin :D

Cheers!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Harrison East clear creek

Clear creek is lowered turf now, no fun wheeling there anymore. There are some fun trails around bear creek but last time I was there, 99, they were gated. try cook's cove, pirates cove, same thing, and right before that on your right hand side. If not goto the North Talc area. Lots of fun country and obstalces out that way.
Randy
rc

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sloquet Hot Springs aren't really hard, but its a fun and interesting drive. It's pretty well a day trip, if you do a few side trails, and sit in the springs for a while.

·
Registered
319 Posts
if your trying to access campbell lake on the Mnt. Woodside FSR it is gated at the 8km mark.Tried to go to Stacy Lake 3 weeks ago and found a big ugly gate. Its open during logging hours.

·
Registered
296 Posts
G.J.T.J said:
if your trying to access campbell lake on the Mnt. Woodside FSR it is gated at the 8km mark.Tried to go to Stacy Lake 3 weeks ago and found a big ugly gate. Its open during logging hours.
So does this affect access to Cook's Cove/Pirate's Cove.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well....

...we had an awesome time all weekend!! Spent most of the time on the East side of Harrison Lake, and were at the Clear Creek tubs both Sunday and yesterday. Met some cool people, went on some pretty cool trails (part of which is the old FSR to the Clear Creek tubs) and we're going up next weekend as well. This time we're hitting the West side. :)

Thanks for the tips people...

btw...the http://blazinobsession.com/ site is cool for getting ideas about where to go in the Harrison area...but it's way outdated. Couple points: the Clear Creek road can be accessed by cars (not that anybody with 1/2 a brain would try it, but some did and made it) and the bar on Silver River is gone now.

Oh well...was still awesome!
Cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts