BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of doing an evening run out to harrison tonight. Anyone interested in going?? We haven't wheeled harrison all that much so a guide might be nice. We would also like to take our taiwan students into harrison village to see it. post here if your interested. Hoping to leave around 4:00 - 5:00 o'clock.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
There's not exactly a lot of interesting 'wheeling on the east side (I assume you'll be going up that side since you're going to the town). Clear Creek is probably a bit far for an after-work drive. Of course, you could head out far enough that you could reach some of the beachside campsites and have a fire and picnic dinner. If you explore a couple of the trails that turn right off the dirt road (after you've taken the left-hand turn at the main fork at Sasquatch Park), they will take you up the mountain side. They're kind of grown-in but if you persevere, it'll take you to a nice mountain pond. It was a few years since I've explored around so I don't have many details. One thing I do remember is that it was bushy enough on the way up that I could pick wild berries from my truck. In fact, I had berry stains on both sides of the Jeep, too.

Being from Taiwan, I think your students would get a kick out of that; a backwoods drive-in restaurant. ;-)

There is also a somewhat scenic waterfall on the east Harrison road which they might like, too. It's not far from the pavement...under 5km I think.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we are going to go to weaver lake for the night as the girls want to try fishing so if any wants to do a little wheelin on friday morning / afternoon we'll be at weaver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.