BC 4x4 Forums banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Road is open again as of Friday morning, Oct 1st/10.
Also report that road is open again from Hwy 7(Harrison) through to Pemberton. Harrison West Road connecting to In-shuck-ch road.
Some rough spots at the Tipella end of Harrison Lake as per usual.
Back to the way it was...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Buddy who went through last week says that you wouldn't have known anything had happened. He was looking for the washout but it wasn't to be found.
Also the road up to the Meager turn off is open all the way past the junction to the waterfall at Keyhole. Says it was like driving through a tunnel, high towering walls on both sides.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Is it a prety basic route to get to Pemberton? Any key turns to make or just follow what looks like the main road the whole way? I flew up to Tipella via Stave the other day and then to Pemberton so I have an idea of what's past Tipella.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
If your new to the road there is always the chance of taking the wrong fork. There has been times when I've not been in that way for sometime and the road looks way different. Just keep to what appears to be the most used road and keep your fingers crossed. Even if you take a wrong turn, it'll be a fairly short side trip and maybe even a likable one... Have fun with it, toss your watch out the window, whats the old saying, Not All Who Wander Are Lost.

·
Registered
270 Posts
If your new to the road there is always the chance of taking the wrong fork. There has been times when I've not been in that way for sometime and the road looks way different. Just keep to what appears to be the most used road and keep your fingers crossed. Even if you take a wrong turn, it'll be a fairly short side trip and maybe even a likable one... Have fun with it, toss your watch out the window, whats the old saying, Not All Who Wander Are Lost.
That's basically what I was under the assumption of. Thanks for the heads up! And ya, I need a break from school and what not. Gonna leave Pomo round 9'ish. Just going to Pemberton and back and don't care how long it takes! (within reason of course:p)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I went through there in late august and went through the washout. saw a sign saying road closed and somebody wrote on it fu our fing tax dollars at work. it was not all that bad in stock full size chevy and 4 runner. It looked like they were building a new road above the washout. saw some equiptment building a higher road that turned uphill before the washout.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.