BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heard something about harrison west fsr closed at 0 k

is this true ???

i know they were doing something in march but im headed there this weekend camping and kinda wanna make sure 1st

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I want to go back mid june, any updates as to whether or not the washout will be repaired? It's going to be quite a bridge or something like that to repair it.
Not likely. They'll just cut into the bank some more. If it slides, then they do the same until they hit bed rock and then blast.

But I did talk to some people I know who work with the band. They told me that once the treaty is signed, that will be made into a two lane wide all weather road from Pemberton to Hwy 7. It won't be paved but it will be 2wd and kept open to the public all year (plowed and sanded in the winter).

·
Registered
40 Posts
So is the washout past Port Douglas? Me and a couple buddies were planning on going from Harrison to pemberton at the end of may. Are our plans hopeless? Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
571 Posts
yes plans are hopeless, cant get by the washout.. Really sucks cause I did that trip last thanksgiving and it was awesome, I was also planning to go do it again this summer and then also come back through boston bar to east harrison on the way back but I hear thats blocked now too..

·
Registered
648 Posts
just got back from the 75 km drive on gravel from pemberton to north end of harrison lake.

the washout is at 8.5km from the end of harrison lake heading south. they fell about 30 trees across the road making is impossible to drive through.

the hot tubs and rec site at sloquet was nice though. stayed for 2 nights. be careful they are logging on the side of the main road near sloquet and block the road with truck and a loader

·
Registered
52 Posts
i was planning a trip to Skookumchuck but it sounds like i have to go the pemberton way :( the wife will be happy , but it takes so long going the pemberton way, i just fixed the front end of my dodge and want to get it back in the bush :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yah I dont know where the gate came into all this?? If you wanna go fix the washout though go ahead, I dont wanna drive all the way around...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.