BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of places to screw up = one dead dirt biker last summer and probably more I didn't here of. But hey, that's what happens when you drink and **** around. Sucks when they close trails cause of this . don't get me wrong I love beer but learned long ago it doesn't make you superman like you think it does when ur cut

------------------
beer good

·
Registered
38 Posts
ya i was up there last year, when that happened. we knew there were problems becuse we followed the ambulance up. are you saying the road to 20 mile is now closed? there is alot of dumb people who go up there, but if you avoid them its a pretty good time.

------------------
"power is the ultimate aphrodisiac"

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I like to drink and I used to get high but it just seems to me the 'new" crop of young guys like to take **** to the extreme and I guess thats fine but if it's going to put me in danger then I'll fucking flip show. Cause what happened to the days not so long ago when others could join you at your campfire smoke a j and just be friendly? Now everyones walking around with a big chip on their shoulders. Sick of the "homie-G" phenomenon. what happend to Iron Maiden, Priest, Pantera and solid people?

------------------
beer good

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
The above reason is why I would avoid the Harrison/Chehalis area on a long weekend. Too many idiots drinkin' and drivin'.

------------------
Leo
Stock '01 Ford Ranger, BFG M/T's, custom dents and westcoast pinstriping.
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

·
Registered
25 Posts
i love the hot srpings i'm goin up this spring at the end of march for a relaxing time .. we went ther last year and we had no problems.. but then again we took our trucks right down to the bottom via our own road and camped there ... and suprising enough no homie g's just good solid people havin fun and chillin ...don't get me wrong lots of beer was consumed and only one truck broke on the way in and it was of course a toyota that broke and not the chev's

--------------
you can never get TOO stuck in the mud !!!

19 Posts
AVOID LONG WEEKENDS!!! I've been camping up in Harrison with my buddies for a few years and its gotten progressively worse in the last couple of trips. The new crop of kids headin' up there are just...disrespectful! Broken beer bottles along the beach, constant threat of a fight breaking out, and way overcrowded! I remember when everyone there was just mellow and havin' a good time. I might try to head up during the week sometime this year and hopefully avoid the crowds. The place is too beautiful to forget about. And I love exploring the endless network of backroads up there!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Originally posted by IBJeepin2:

Harrison + Long weekend = gong show

its not fun anymore too many yahoos.

Jason
I agree for the most part, but dont sell Harrison short. Most of the goofs only go as far as 10 mile bay. If you head up beond this point you dont see too many people. Camping spots are few and far between up there though. I have an awesome spot up there not far from the end of the road that i try to visit at least once a year, and thanks to my little dirt bike ive gotten to know all the trails up there. I think this year im going to try some exploring beyond the logging camp at the end of the lake.

·
Registered
102 Posts
the first long weekend i spent up there a few years ago was at 20 mile bay.
and lemme tell you

Harrison + long week end = gong show

I had to laugh that year as we were comming out we passed some teenie boppers who had removed the spare from their truck to fit in more beer and they ended up with a flat. The one guy had a sign " will trade woman for tire" I damn near pee'd myself laughing.

we also passed a dodge ram charger that obviously broke down with no-one in site and i guess some people took it upon them selves to destroy it and take what they could. It was rather pathetic.

also all along the secluded little camp sites we had guys buzzing camp sites on their dirt bikes while children and dogs out playing. The guys camping next to us caught one of the "buzzers" and beat him up pretty good.

Basically
Too much testosterone at harrison on a long weekend to make it enjoyable.

Jason

------------------
IF GOD NEVER CHASED MAN OUTTA THE GARDEN OF EDEN THE GREENIES WOULD HAVE
[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts