BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, cause my Fullsize has started to grow roots.

------------------
Dan
-91 Cherokee, 4.5" lift, 33x12.5's
-69 Ford, lots of lift, 38.5's

·
Registered
898 Posts
Well, my 78 Mustang II (T-top, V8, Ghia) has been sitting without a motor or trans since 94....I'll get around to it one of these days!

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why is the ford section so slow?

------------------
Dan
-91 Cherokee, 4.5" lift, 33x12.5's
-69 Ford, lots of lift, 38.5's

·
Registered
898 Posts
I wish I could say its because I've been too busy wheeling, but now that my engine is running, the bloody clutch is a bit too worn, and I still need to figure out/fabricate a hard top for the winter, and the garage still needs cleaning, and.....

------------------
Blue coyote
"Broncenstein" is:
chopped 84 BII
(early model Navigator)
6" lift, 32's
4.10's w. rear l/s

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping to get my rear springs installed before the snow hits. But gee its sure getting cold outside

So anyone have any idea how I can figure out how far apart to mount my spring hangers?

I had my springs made as long as he could make them, and with the arch I needed the springs by themselves ended up 58" center to center, now how much is that gonna change when I put the weight of the truck on them? I gotta figure that out, dont want to mount my spring hangers say 62" apart and then have them too close together, or too far apart, cause I have to move both to get the axle centered. AAAHHHHHH!

Gotta love horseshoe shaped springs, hee hee. I dont believe in lift blocks and super long u-bolts. At least not when running 38 inch tires.

I'll go with coils and a four link one day, I just gotta figure out what kind of rod ends I wanna use.

Dan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts