BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been poking around here trying to find others with similar problems before I posted myself. Either my Google-fu is weak, or it's a unique problem... my guess is the former.

So my truck idles fine, and revs fine, but on the highway when cruising at about 2800-3100RPM it has a tendency to, i don't know, hiccup, or cough. I could imagine that it would be like having air in fuel line.

I had a much more pervasive problem a few years back that turned out to be a issue with the mass flow sensor ( found by flashing the code ).
I did find the O2 sensor to have a broken stud and gasket leaking exhaust out.... I was hoping that was the problem, but I fixed that, and the problem persists.
I've replaced the plugs and wires because the old ones were crap, the distributor looks fine.

I don't get any error codes, either.

I just wanted to post here before I get too much deeper into the repairs....as I just did a massive project re-gearing it.

I'm thinking that the fuel pump may be on the way out, but I'd rather have my suspicions confirmed.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just for the sake of ruling it out, disconnect EGR valve. A EGR that is opening up to early or too much can cause similar symptoms.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Have you ever replaced your air an fuel filters?

Those are easy and should be done regularly anyway, it sounds like a slight fuell delivry problem to me, filter or pump?

If its not those I had a similar problem but more draastic, it started out like yours and progressed to almost constant and I couldnt figure it out untill I sat and stared at the engine running for about 15 minutes. Ended up that the rubber intake hose near where it meets the the throttle body (where it sort of looks "ribbed" and clamps onto the intake) was cracked almost all the way around and would seperate at times but just looking at the engine it looked ok, 5$ at the wreckers fixed all my problems.

Give all that stuff a good wigle and see if anything is loose or broken.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts