BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out today i need a new head gasket i dont have fire in 2 and 3 i have a 22r. how long will this take and should i replace my head with one form a 20r ive heard people doing that before? and what would the 20r head do?

------------------
1983 yota bondo job 6'trail master lift, short box, lotsa lights, good frame! 35" dunlops...want 33' muds
Gotta Love Standing on the back bumper!

·
Registered
32 Posts
you could easily do this in a weekend buy yourself or maybe in one long day (if you were highly motivated) thats how long it would have taken me except my head was also crack had to wait three days to get the head back from the machine shop....ps don't warp the head when you remove it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i still would like to know about going to a 20r head?

------------------
1983 yota bondo job 6'trail master lift, short box, lotsa lights, good frame! 35" dunlops...want 33' muds

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by Ty Mega:
thanks, i still would like to know about going to a 20r head?

Putting on the 20R head will raise your compression, resulting in more low end(?) power.

------------------
'86 LWB, 6" SPOA, 32" mud kings, weber carb, 4.62, K&N, 2" exhaust, custom bumpers and roll cage, camaro bucket seats
FOR SALE!
http://redsand4x4.cjb.net

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks For All the Help

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts