BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if installing a header and 2" exhaust would give me more HP out of my stock 1.3L? If so what header/exhaust?How about a cam? I have EFI so would I need A chip as well? I need more power without changing engine. Oh, I already put a K&N air filter and didn't notice much difference.Thanks a lot in advance...

------------------
91 samurai, still stock

·
Registered
85 Posts
Originally posted by samyskid:
I was wondering if installing a header and 2" exhaust would give me more HP out of my stock 1.3L? If so what header/exhaust?How about a cam? I have EFI so would I need A chip as well? I need more power without changing engine. Oh, I already put a K&N air filter and didn't notice much difference.Thanks a lot in advance...

Do the 2" exhaust from your manifold back with a new easy flow muffler..Do not get a header , they are more trouble and more noisy than there worth.. I had so much trouble with mine allways leaking top and bottom and finaly cracked after only one month..Good luck.. PS You will notice a better performance with the 2"..

------------------
88 Sam, SPOA, 31-10.5 Trail Mark D/T, Sj T-case, Pony carb, 2" Exhaust and more...

[This message has been edited by tazuki (edited October 23, 2001).]

·
Registered
229 Posts
It's all about money!!

Exhaust(yes)
Header(no) loud, not worth the power gains
Cam(yes) good upper rpm gain
Carb(yes) most noticeable power gain

Thats my two cents.

------------------
The diffrence between a good and bad driver is how many parts you leave broken on the trail:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't listen to those chumps go buy a good header like a Doug Thorley pretty expensive but totaly worth it. I did the header the 2inch exhaust and the K and N air filter It did'nt make a big difference but I still noticed it.And inless your in Depends it isn't that loud

1 - 4 of 4 Posts