BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DO 351C HEADS FIT ON A 302? IF SO THAT WOULD B VERY NICE BECAUSE I HAVE A SET OF 351 CLEVELAND HEADS.

------------------
ANTI FREEZE TASTE'S GOOD

·
Registered
18 Posts
Let me think here.... The Boss 302 was a 302 with cleveland heads so find the proper intake and go to work!!

------------------
bog til you're broke
(if you can afford it)

·
Registered
583 Posts
The bolt holes will line up but it is not a straight bolt on. You have to modify the water passages on the head to work on the Windsor block. On the Windsor engine the the water for the heads comes from the block through a hole in the bottom of the head. On a Cleveland block the water gets to the head from the front of the head. It is a fairly common procedure and any good local head shop should be able to do it for you. Not sure about the cost though and there are a few other things involved

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Calgary, Alberta
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by Paul:
It is a fairly common procedure and any good local head shop should be able to do it for you. Not sure about the cost though and there are a few other things involved

I knew those head shops were good for something.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you need a set of 302 heads I have some that are in pretty good shape.

------------------
Professional Cheese Taster----"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum"

·
Registered
76 Posts
don't attempt to put 4v clevehead on a 302, way to much for that motor, i have read sever al articles on this swap, and what paul says is true, there are companies that makes the intake manifold for this swap also
but i would think it would be way to expensive for the amount gained, put some old 351w heads on your 302, 69 351w heads are the best or 68 302 gt heads

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FEAR ME how much and are they after market heads??? They are 4v heads and a boss 302 is what im goin after it wont b a cheab build up but it will be decent power from a 302. HMMM DOSE ANY body have a BOSS 302 manifold? dont think u do but if you do mwhahahaha how much?

------------------
ANTI FREEZE TASTE'S GOOD

·
Registered
583 Posts
4V heads on a 302 will give you a dog of an engine. In order to make those heads do anything you will have basically make it a full on race engine and turn some serious RPMs. Not what you want in a 4x4. Australian 2V closed chanber heads on the other hand...

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Calgary, Alberta
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts