BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 blazer 2dr ls. i would like to add 2" suspension lift and 31's. I would like to know from anyone what the pros and cons to this are. How does this affect the ride, milage, preformance... Is the lifted look worth the work?

·
Registered
83 Posts
3.06 gears in a Blazer? Sorry for asking, but are you sure that is correct? If it's the 4wd model, it would more likely have 3.42s, or perhaps 3.73 gear ratio. A 2wd Blazer may have the 3.08 gear ratio I guess. Please correct me if I'm wrong. In any case, it sounds like you are planning on buying a Superlift, or I believe the other kit is a pro-comp 2inch for the S-trucks. They are no stinkin good. The concept behind the mild lifts was to simply provide the buyer with a new upper control arm that had been reengineered to correct the angle on your upper ball joints, when adjusting the torsion bars. However you loose more than you gain. Increased wear on your lower ball joints due to the fact that no corrections were made to those operating angles) increased wear on your CV boots, and perhaps the shafts themselves, and "loss" of downtravel, more than you want to know.
I began with the Stupidlift myself, and after way too much money spent on suspension components, not to mention the time and money spent back in the alignment shops, I finally ditched the lift for a TrailMaster. This is by far a better lift. Yes, you do go up to a 5 inch system rather than a 2 or 3, but the engineering that went in to correct and/or maintain suspension (operating) angles far outweighs the time and money you will spend if you go with the two inch system. As a matter of fact, with time spent in some trial and error applications, I have combined both systems together to get a pretty good suspension system.

So if you are simply going for form and not function, sure... why not try the 2 inch lifts. However, anything more than that from your Blazer, you will regret you ever bought the darn lift. Just to mention, you may find a slight loss in power going to a 31 or better tire with only 3.06 gears. You won't know until you try though.

Oops, I just re-read Greg's reply about how it will look. To be quite honest with you, it won't look all that different than leaving you vehicle running at stock. A two inch lift really does not make that much of a difference for the S-series.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I used to have a 99 with the zr2 package. It came with 31's however it had the wider stance as well and they seemed to just barely fit. It had 3.73 gears and it seem to have no problem with power. Nice truck sorry I had to get rid of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts