BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help... I have a problem with one hub that won't lock!! One turn to lock, the other won't, is this common? Does anyone know if it's a BIG expense to fix? Any "home" remedy greatfully appreciated

------------------
92 Suzuki..
"would if I could, but I can't so I won't" :-(

·
Registered
277 Posts
Originally posted by myfix:
Any "home" remedy greatfully appreciated

yeh get a some gas and poor then light a match because you know I'm the one that's going to have to fix it... so if anyone can give her some advise please help her does this mean she need's a new hub assembly????? i've never had this problem.

------------------
[email protected]
81 toyo
not much but it's my toy
and it's never let me down EVER
remember what we go in with we must come out with even if it is just parts !!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Could be it's dried out in their (no lube). Try using some pliers or vice grips etc. to get some leverage on it. It should turn then.

I would take the hub apart though (take the dail assembly off to check the condition of the innards), inspect, clean and regrease or replace.

It's pretty easy...check out your repair manual if you have one (buy one if you don't) and post back here if you have any problems.

------------------
jo-jo
http://island4x4.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by udermind?:
yeh get a some gas and poor then light a match because you know I'm the one that's going to have to fix it...
Your RIGHT you are
but atleast it's not stuck in the "locked" position

------------------
92 Suzuki..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's pretty easy...check out your repair manual if you have one (buy one if you don't) and post back here if you have any problems.

Thank you for info, and I'll see about a manual today. Sure hope it's something as simple as you've suggested! Will post outcome.

------------------
92 Suzuki..

·
Registered
277 Posts
Originally posted by jo-jo:
Could be it's dried out in their (no lube). Try using some pliers or vice grips etc. to get some leverage on it. It should turn then.
posted for myfix from udermind?

Jo-Jo, wanted to thank you for idea, that's exactly what the problem is! Udermind? was able to move it to lock and back to free, so thanks again.. now just need to get it lubed and if I rag hard enough, it will get done soon

------------------
[email protected]
81 toyo
not much but it's my toy

·
Registered
277 Posts
HEY jo-jo i've been trying to get a hold of you.. you posted a posting in general and was looking for trailer ideas
check you're posting i posted something there for you

------------------
[email protected]
81 toyo
not much but it's my toy

·
Registered
394 Posts
Jo-Jo, wanted to thank you for idea, that's exactly what the problem is! Udermind? was able to move it to lock and back to free, so thanks again.. now just need to get it lubed and if I rag hard enough, it will get done soon
Glad it worked out!

------------------
jo-jo

·
Registered
394 Posts
HEY jo-jo i've been trying to get a hold of you.. you posted a posting in general and was looking for trailer ideas
check you're posting i posted something there for you
Thanks, but I was talking about a couple different trailers. One will be a small trail unit that can be dragged up rocky trails etc. The other is going to be a tandem car hauler.

------------------
jo-jo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.