BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey my jeep is stuck in whis and I have just come back to town to find a part and guess what, everything is closed!! *I broke the rear output shaft from my tcase and need to find one asap (everyone is still in whis waiting for me!). It is an 89 YJ w a 4.2L, so I am pretty sure that it is a NP231 tcase. If you think you have one that I can buy off you please call my cell at 604 617 8788. Thanks in advance, James

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Yeah I have a stock output shaft you can have cheap. I'll call in the morning.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
turns out its the slip yoke and the tail cone that need replacing. I've pt it under a differnet topic. thanks dan for your help last night, J

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Put it in 4hi, disconnect the rear driveshaft and cruise home in front wheel drive.:confused:

Did it break inside the housing or did the shaft break on the outside?

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Heehee, its a 231 in a YJ, you cant disconect the rear driveshaft, the fluid pukes out.

Actually with a broken output shaft you probably couldnt drive it anyway, since depending on where it broke the rear bearing wouldnt support the shaft, which the chain does go around.

Its all a moot point now anyway, BCAA got him home, and he needs a slip yoke and tailhousing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts