BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 4X4 Ford F-150.

Since I installed a 6 inch suspension lift kit, the front driving shaft is tremendously vibrating and emitting noise.

I've been told that I need to install a driving shaft with double joints to replace the genuine single joint driving shaft.

I've been looking for such a driving shaft but all I found is a Bronco 1982 double joint driving shaft that doesn't fit on the yoke of the Borg-Wagner 1350 tranfer case of the F-150.

Thus, can anybody tell me which double joint driving shatf I should use?

If the transfer case yoke should be replaced, cous anybody tell me which one to use?

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

------------------
Chris

·
Registered
302 Posts
what you'll need to do is take the CV yoke off the tcase of the Bronco to use that driveshaft IIRC it's a 1 1/8" nut torqued to 130 ft lbs ... it should just bolt on in place of your yoke. your problem is you have a 1310 series yoke on your t case and the bronco CV is a 1330 series (bigger and stronger) that's about it to it. broncos came with both BW and NP cases but the yokes are the same for either. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot for the suggestion, I'll forward it to my mechanic

------------------
Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again RockFrog,

I told this to my mechanic and he told me that in 1982, the year of the Bronco double joint drive shaft I found, the Tcase was a New-Process and not a Borg-Wagner.

Thus, the yoke swapp couldn't work.

The Borg-Wagner Tcse model number I have is the 1350 if I'm not wrong.

Thus I need a double joint drive shaft that could either fit directly on it or be adapted by swapping the yoke.

If you have any other suggestions, please, tell me the years of the parts that you're suggesting.

Thanks in advance

------------------
Chris

·
Registered
302 Posts
Just tell him to try the New Process (NP)yoke on the Borg Warner (BW) output shaft ... you may be surprised to find that it works. the Broncos switch to the BW tcase in 86 so that's another route to try if you want to try a new tcase BTW for that you'll only need the yoke as yours is a BW. Got to go get an X-mas tree I'll gab more on this later essentially all you will need is the appropriate output yoke as the Bronco CV are the same from 79 up to 96 (just driveshaft lengths varied)
TTYL
Dave

·
Registered
112 Posts
Get a hold of somebody with a Spicer Catalog....... then see if the spline count and diameter of the 1310 yoke (that you have) and the 1330 CV yoke (the one you need ) match up...... check the seal size too.
Then armed with the information go and buy the correct yoke for your Borg warner T-case.

You should also check to see if the CV front driveline was ever offered in another truck with the same T-case that you have....

------------------
only we make "the whistling sound" www.OTTindustries.com

·
Registered
302 Posts
I can tell you right now the 1310 and the 1330 cv yokes ARE interchangable ... the seals are the same for BOTH cases they have the same seal surface just different cup cradles .. they are both 32 spline outputs. the output shaft for the NP208 was the same for ALL applications of ford products. Go to the wreckers and grab a CV yoke off an 87 or newer Bronco and you should be fine there (after that they were all BW tcases) ford was standard on a few things (I know it's hard to beleive) as long as it's a cv yoke off a BW case on a Bronco it'll be a 1330 series CV yoke. I just said you MAY be able to use the New Process yoke as well (based on a few case parts that the two different cases share (and yes they do have parts between them that swap).
BTW IIRC you will have the 1354 or 1356 (most likely 1356) Tcase .. BOTH were used in the Bronco in the same instances as the F150 (the bronco is based off the f-150)

[This message has been edited by Rockfrog (edited December 11, 2001).]

·
Registered
302 Posts
oh and BTW the yokes swap front to rear on the 208 (the front is a standard 1330 yoke on Bronco's)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts