BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to make a long story short, last night I seen sparks comming from the tail pipe, 3rd gear 4000rpm= 110km`s 4th gear on slight down grades back to 3rd on the flats and up grades, 85runner,holes in air box, header, 2 1/4 exaust, 4:10 gears, 35"bfg muds, I just got my 5:29`s back yesterday and was going to install them this weekend but now I am more worried about the health of the motor, does anyone have any ida what may be causing this??????? thanks Randy.....

------------------
If you build it they will come.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Are you still running the converter?
If it gets plugged it will superheat and melt the contents.
This may be the cause of your fireworks.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1inch body, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes still have the cat on, lol about the low riders, I think I`m going to punch the cat out, relax pet lovers not punching out the living cat, just the dead one hehe makes me feel muuucha better

------------------

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was able to see through it but alot of the fins in it was melted. I stuck a long screwdriver in it and cleaned it out put it back on and could feel the differance and it sounded prity good as well alittle more throughty (more like a V8) thanks guys for your help.

------------------

·
1,269 Posts
If you guys don't have AirScare in Toronto, why not just remove the cat altogether?

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we have another form of air care called an emissions test I`m asuming its much like yours in BC, the reason is to get the junk cars off the road and to clean the air of harmful gasses the auto is producing when not running in its proper fashion.

------------------

·
Registered
183 Posts
i hear ya

------------------
SOLD!!!!!!
81 bronco, 35" mud kings, 6 inch lift , 1 inch body lift,ALARM, cb.
8000lb warn winch.
OH DID I MENSION I HAVE AN alarm!?
<NOW SPORTIN A CHEVY>

·
Registered
574 Posts
Originally posted by snowman6971:
to make a long story short, last night I seen sparks comming from the tail pipe, 3rd gear 4000rpm= 110km`s 4th gear on slight down grades back to 3rd on the flats and up grades, 85runner,holes in air box, header, 2 1/4 exaust, 4:10 gears, 35"bfg muds, I just got my 5:29`s back yesterday and was going to install them this weekend but now I am more worried about the health of the motor, does anyone have any ida what may be causing this??????? thanks Randy.....
My Tercel shoots some flames. I assumed it was because i put a thrush muffler on it.It hasnt hurt it yet,besides, it looks cool at night and helps keep loosers from pulling up on my bumper at stoplights!

·
1,269 Posts
During the summer my carb was running insanely rich and shooting more flames than a fireplace. I was leaning out my door while backing up on a trail and let my hand hang near the sidepipe and BOOM no more knuckle hair and some real nice burns on my hand.

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.