BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i knew eventually it was gonna stop working...the needle would work sometime then it would bounce around...now it's got to the point where it's stuck on cold...i'm thinking loose connection?...i was wondering where in the engine would i check to see if the line is loose?...

allan

------------------
93 YJ, 4" lift with 32's.

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
if you open the hood you will see a little sender therm. it is located right behind the midline of the rad and screws into where the heater hose comes to from the fire wall onto the engine. the sender unit has 2 wires that come out of it and it screws in at sort of an angle. (coming from the upper right to bottom left....

------------------
'93 sahara ~ SOA w/ tuff country springs, np435, twin sticked d20, d44, 9", detroit, hi steer...and a autometer/CJ dash!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had the same problem and it was the temp sensor.

------------------
Leanne
'95 YJ : enough lift, big tires, and too much other junk to list :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
On my 4.2L, if memmory serves me correct, it's on the driver's side of the engine, on the firewall side of the carb. I THINK it was a purple wire for me. It just pops onto this little thing that sticks out, looks like the thread end of a screw. Is that vague enough of a description for you?
I dunno if the 4.0 is the same or not. I had the exact same symptoms. The bouncing around was a loose connection i think, cuz the it stopped working. I hooked it back up and everything was rosy.

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
Originally posted by camoburban:
Hey cornjeeper I'm having probs with some of my wiring can you help
but i need some $ for my skills in the electrical department. hey i picked up the extra fuse box all that other stuff. time to start making my jeep fire proof!!!!!

------------------
'93 sahara ~ SOA w/ tuff country springs, np435, twin sticked d20, d44, 9", detroit, hi steer...and a autometer/CJ dash!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts