BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced the windshield seal, still getting water leaking into the driver side, looks like it is coming from around (or above) the e-brake release handle....want to put the carpet back in but want it DRY.

Anyone?....

Cheers,
Ash

------------------
89 YJ, 3" body lift, 32" tires, compressor, custom rear bed storage, Husky liners, Mustang seats, chrome fire extinguisher.....more in the spring

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had the same problem in my 87' yj, It turned out to be the weld at the front cowling to windshield joint. behind the heater intake. another place is the vent intake inside the heater intake the flap is vacuum operated and may not close completely. try these and good luck.

trev

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trev,

Thanks for the reply, will take a look at the vent box, is the best access by taking off the exterior grille? and where exactly is the weld you are talking about? kinda startin to make me crazy....I WANT A DRY JEEP!

Nice to see someone else here from Ottawa..

Cheers,
Ash...

------------------
89 YJ, 3" body lift, 32" tires, compressor, custom rear bed storage, Husky liners, Mustang seats, chrome fire extinguisher.....more in the spring

·
Registered
102 Posts
that is exactly what it is in my jeep.
after i wash if or something and drive away i get a big dump of water on my feet
oh well
i can live with it

RJ

------------------
1992 YJ with 33's

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by Signman:
want to put the carpet back in but want it DRY.

Cheers,
Ash

Carpet...what is this thing you call carpet?????

------------------
If it aint broke...it aint a JEEP.
88YJ, 4"susp. 2" body, 33" muds, custom shackles, locker, custom bumper & tire carrier and a REALLY LOUD ALARM/IMOBILIZER.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn!.....did I say carpet?...ummmm...errrr

LOL

------------------

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Got the same problem and the other day the water froze on my floor froze LOL

------------------
92 Jeep YJ with 1 inch shackle lift and a 2 inch body lift running 31's

·
Registered
382 Posts
its a jeep live with it. Once you fix that something else will go wrong!

------------------
This 4x4 thing is starting to take away from my beer fund.

·
Registered
31 Posts
the spot is where the hood and the windshield come together, the 90 deg joint. below the windshield and behind heater intake. If you have any problems call me at 565-3245 i will explain it better, good luck

trev

------------------
94' YJ 4' lift 33's and locked, but not enough gearing, boo

·
Registered
31 Posts
The best way to the vent is through the exterior gille and look towards the drivers side flap.

Do you get any cold air from under the dash at driving speeds? this will be caused by bad seal at the vent flap.

Trev

------------------
94' YJ 4' lift 33's and locked, but not enough gearing, boo

·
Registered
344 Posts
my jeep leaks aswell..when i turn left or right it's like a water fall inside my jeep and all this time i thought it was a special option u get on your jeep

i say live with it..

allan

------------------
93 YJ, 4" Pro Comp Lift with 32's. Formally known as Stock Black YJ

·
Registered
382 Posts
drill a hole in the floor, instant drain, no more pooled water

Why drill a hole yjs have drain plugs!

------------------

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Whats with that?
LEAVE IT?.......LIVE WITH IT?

Why not try to fix it? if you had an oil leak would you say "live with it" I think not!
Really hope this is not the mentality of all Jeep owners....
Personally, if something is not working right, I FIX it......I'm a gearhead...thats it! I WAS looking for a little insight into the leak, all I got (with a few exceptions) was "live with it".......
not very impressive.

for those with REAL hints.....thanx,
to all the others....

Cheers,
Ash

------------------

·
Registered
382 Posts
Whats with that?
LEAVE IT?.......LIVE WITH IT?

Why not try to fix it? if you had an oil leak would you say "live with it" I think not!
Really hope this is not the mentality of all Jeep owners....
Personally, if something is not working right, I FIX it......I'm a gearhead...thats it! I WAS looking for a little insight into the leak, all I got (with a few exceptions) was "live with it".......
not very impressive.

for those with REAL hints.....thanx,
to all the others....

I think you took everyone the wrong way.
Its a joke like haha!
A leak can be a million things and im sure when there have been a few decent answers like in this case the jokers come out to play. Myself included. We don't mean any harm by joking around we just do it for fun.
I have a leak right now as well, but I have a lot of other important things to take care of first. i.e. my eb axles sitting on the floor of my buddies garage. So take this anyway you want but just remember it is a JEEP (Just Empty Every Pocket)

------------------

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I realize that they are kidding...
As for everyone saying they break all the time.....have had mine 4 years...REGULAR INSPECTION and maintenance...
Just back into wheelin'....been building streetrods for the past while...but streetrods get stuck too easily...lol
Back to the Jeep thing....never any real probs, but this water thing is really gettin me.....
gonna tear the dash out tomorrow....start searchin.

Cheers,
Ash

------------------

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey signman, mine has a leak on the passenger side. I replaced the windshield cause it had a crack and replaced the cowl molding and that help a lot, but there's still a small leak. Seems like it's coming just to the right of the heater vent. i don't know where it's coming from for sure but at first I was just as frustrated as you are right now. Lately I've finally learned to live with it.
I just put a newspaper on the floor and it soaks up most of it and I'll just refresh the paper.
So I know how you feel, I also like to fix every problem, but sometimes your Jeep will get the better of you.

------------------
90 XJ traded it for
91 YJ stolen, replaced with
92 YJ

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.