BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 91 samuri fuel injected model with a rod thru the block . I also have a good motor from an 87 carburated model. Can anyone tell me if i can just used the fuel inj. intake & parts on the 87 motor or will i also have to change the head. Can this be done at all. All replies and info would be greatly appreciated Thanks Dan .You can also email me at [email protected] Thanks again

·
Registered
387 Posts
a 91 motor? and an 87? would the 91 not be a 1.6 and the 87 a 1.3???
i may be totally wrong not sure?

·
Registered
113 Posts
it can be done

I changed a 91 over to carb, the computer went. I think you should have no problems at all.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yep no prooblem, just swap the two....

Hey Mudrunner the Samurai never came with a 1.6 stock. And the kick/tracker never came with a 1.3

happy days

·
Registered
412 Posts
mudrunner said:
a 91 motor? and an 87? would the 91 not be a 1.6 and the 87 a 1.3???
i may be totally wrong not sure?

are you thinking 'kick instead of Sammy? all sammy's were 1.3 and under.

not exactly sure when the first Tracker/Sidekicks came out- maybe late '88 early '89? and began life as 1.6's.

an interesting thing i have heard was some of the first track/kicks were actually carbureted, and not fuel injected! don't know the complete validity of this, but am pretty sure. (also not sure if it was an American or Canadian thing.)

Danjr- the only things i can think of are:

the carb'd motors were larger cc's (by a small bit, probably negligible) than the efi's

are there any crank sensors on the efi models that aren't there on the other engines?

the 87 has fuel pump on the cylinder head. removal of the pump, rod required i guess, and blank off plate over the hole?

is there any wierd thermal switch stuff that went to the carb for fast idle via the coolant temperature outputs? i know the basic principle is the same re: the thermowax, but can't remember where these outputs originate and go to efi inputs, or if they differ drastically from earlier engines.... making it difficult to simply plug in/thread in a sensor from the efi harness?

dunno if distributor just swaps over- i would think it should.

sorry, can't think of other stuff right off hand. good luck though, i think you should go for it!:*******

·
Registered
303 Posts
The Kick/Track was introduced in late 88 as an 89 model, and the very earliest of those had a 1.3......

·
Registered
412 Posts
cool! all the years i've been poking around Suzuki stuff i never knew or heard that, wow that's bizarre.

imagine buying a tracker engine for a 1.6 swap and discovering it was actually a 1.3!:angry :D

:read

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'd be pissed!

Just swap in the DOHC 1.8 outta Sidekick Sport....

:canadian :beer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.