BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
somebody should do this swap, toy carolla hemi in there sami, i herd they hall ass and would be a easy swap

400obo

·
Registered
387 Posts
if i had a million dollars!!
just kidding!
i'm a poor a$# student with no cash flow, otherwise i would do this swap in a second!!!!
what do you think the hp on your motor is?
red line?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Explain what a Toyota Hemi is pls. Easy so the motor mates to a Zuk tranny?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the toyota carolla hemi, is just like the doge big block heni
its got dome pitons, higher compression, the spark plugs are in the middle of the valve cover down in the center of the cyl
the engine is not very tall or long, if you move it foward in the samy and put a electric fan on, then use a corolla tranny 4 sp or 5 sp, they are very short trannys like the sammy then you just use a drive shaft between the two same as sammy, the corollas have good carbs and there is many mods you can do with them.
there is a gy on island 4x4 who put this in his suzy and he said he coul spin up the tire while driving in third, very torque engine
that is why i bought the engine and rebuilt it but then i sold my sj
the engine mount are is a good spot almost the sam as sammy.
a guy i work with at ford races mini stock carolla same engine in it and he recomended it ti me, then i saw someone else do it

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Sounds neat!

I'll let my buddy know - he wants to repower his Sammy without the hassle of fuel injection.

Do you know what sort of clutch the Corrolla tranny uses? cable? hydraulic? linkage?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it uses hydrolic like the trucks, and i have the pedels and the slave and master to go with it for extra 40 bucks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a toy hemi in my sj. the motor and tranny bolt straight to the transfer case(no drive shaft). also the front grill was cut out to make way for the rad, which is mounted to the bush bar. Lots of parts for the motor and tranny. My motor has been beaten on and still runs. If I had to do it again I would use the hemi again.
good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.