BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
if by "open" you mean not flooded, then no. it was passable by a stocker as of sat(7th). cross at the northwest corner of the parking lot (it comes to a bit of a point) and drive straight towards the trailhead on the other side. backend floates down river for a couple seconds(turns you about 45degs) in the deepest part, in a toyota anyways, but front end still drives so not a problem.

hope this helps

·
Registered
282 Posts
there was quads on the other side when we were there. i never saw them cross but there was a whole bunch of them, so it must have been fairly easy. the box of my truck was empty, with it being a light truck was probabley why it went wandering during the crossing. people were walking across also.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Herrling island

Sorry to bud in guys, but Herrling island, that`s out by Hope right?
I go out that way and never thought about trying to wheel there. It it an interesting place to check out? or is it just an island you can get to to and sit on?

I take my 5 yr old boy out alot, and that sounds like a cool day trip. He`s been badgering me for a couple weeks to take him out.

·
Registered
282 Posts
by my best guess its about half way between chilliwack and hope. just keep watching the exit signs and you can't miss it.
once you cross the water(this time of year), there's a bit of everything. tight trails, mud pits, sand ect. lots of exploring to do. always a good variety of dirtbikes and quads to watch aswell. would be a perfect daytrip for you and your son IMHO.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey durdybird,

How deep of water we talking? I have the same amount of lift and same tires as you, but don`t want water in the rugs:D

Thanks, might just check it out and drag a buddy up there!

·
Registered
282 Posts
so take the rugs out:D :D ........actually the water only came to the bottom of my rockers. the deepest part is only about 30' long, the rest is quite shallow. the stock tacoma that came with us stayed dry. course this was two weeks ago but it shouldn't be getting higher.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I wanted to stop there on my way back from my week long trip but had no idea where i should be going. Was getting low on petrol too. Wouldnt mind going out there with someone one day.

·
Registered
371 Posts
SIGH..

My friends "don`t wanna go that faa-ar"
I have to go to Stave with them AGAIN this weekend, hopefully we can see some crazy muddin trucks out there.

I was going to ask though, does anyone know how long people can get across to Herrling island? If I go in a couple weeks or so?

Thanks durtybird..

·
Registered
282 Posts
as far as i can guess, it should be drying up as winter approaches. when we do the poker run there in march, the parking lot is actually a parking lot. i should probably look into this, but i'm thinkin the only reason it floods is because of the mountain run-off in the spring and summer:confused: :read

give me an e-mail when you go to herrling . i've buzzed around there on my dirtbike, but haven't done much exploring in my fourby.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.