BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i am going to rip my tranny out this weekend and need to know the 5 star bolt size on the top of the tranny. i did the clutch 2 yrs ago but my small bag of tools got taken from my jeep a month after i bought that socket. anyone got the size.

------------------
'93 sahara ~ rancho springs, SOA, EB axles, detroit, 35s, and hi steer in the works

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by cornjeeper:
well i am going to rip my tranny out this weekend and need to know the 5 star bolt size on the top of the tranny. i did the clutch 2 yrs ago but my small bag of tools got taken from my jeep a month after i bought that socket. anyone got the size.

Search the YJ FAQ for torx.
http://www.bc4x4.com/faqs/yj.cfm

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that damn thing is under the "engine" section. i looked in the transmission/transfer case section considering the bolt goes through the bellhousing on the transmission....

makes no sense to me!!!!!!

thanks though.

------------------
'93 sahara ~ rancho springs, SOA, EB axles, detroit, 35s, and hi steer in the works

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by cornjeeper:
that damn thing is under the "engine" section. i looked in the transmission/transfer case section considering the bolt goes through the bellhousing on the transmission....
Yes, but the bolt threads into the...the...that's right, the ENGINE.

I put the search function there so you people can look up stuff like that.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by lars:
Yes, but the bolt threads into the...the...that's right, the ENGINE.
haha. you might have got me...but since it is used to attach the tranny i ASSumed the tranny section!

ps. so if the leaf springs are bolted to the frame are they in the frame/body section!!!!! got ya

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts