BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...

I've been looking at getting a 48" hi-lift jack recently, and I've seen the one that Crappy Tire carrys. Is this a good one, or is there a better one that is more specific to TJs somewhere I don't know about yet? They're asking $79. Is that decent?

Once I get the lift, I'll need to mount it somewhere on my TJ....so onto my next question: Where should I mount this thing, and with what hardware? I saw one guy who mounted his inside the stock rear bumper after taking off the stupid bumperettes...but he was driving by me and I cuoldn't see how he attached it. Are there specific mounting brackets for these things?

Thanks for the help.
Cheers!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kewl...thanks!

Btw...the one Crappy Tire has is rated @ 8000lbs...and is cheaper...but orange. I'll assume the more expensive one shown at NSOR is 'better', right?

Cheers!

·
Registered
66 Posts
The one at Canadian Tire is just as good. Its just a different brand. Its probably a Jackall. I'd say go for it, 79 bucks is a good price. If you want cheaper you could check the buy and sell. I've seen them in there a few times for cheap.;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

Will it get fekd up if I paint it black? I hate-hate-hate orange...

Also...how do you people mount these things to your rigs? I am dealing with stock bumpers btw.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I've seen 48 inchers mounted to the rollbar, also seen them mounted on the the tops of the wheel wells. Could make a bracket for your bumper if you don't mind it being on the outside, I'll probably mount mine outside on a bumper eventually :p

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yes the Jackall is just as good and like you said, it's orange.
I'll probably go for the Hi-Lift just because there are alot more accesorries for the Hi-Lift than the Jackall. Just check out their website and browse through, tou'll see if these accesorries are something you might need in the future. ie. adapter hooks for non square bumpers.

As of mounting goes, you can get the bumper mounts for like 40.00. They go on the front bumper, I had these before my carrier, and then I sold them to Outkast.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They have mounting hardware for the rear tire carrier don't they? That would suck if they don't...but hey what ya gonna do?

Thanks people! :)
Cheers!

·
Registered
52 Posts
check out larco.. i got my 48" jackall there for 80 tax in. the only thing that sucks about jackall is there's less accessories for it then the highlift.

·
Registered
382 Posts
try princess auto
for mounting you can use 2 nuts and bolt.
just weld them to your your bumper.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the Jackall basically because nobody in or around town had the hi-lift jack in stock, and it would be 3 weeks before they got any in. Screw that...$79 for the 48" and it works fine (tested it lifting the TJ in my parking garage ;) )

Btw...only the base of 'crank-bar' (?) are orange. The majority of it is black...and I'll probably coat the rest black to match.

As far as mounting it, I have my backseat out, so I just laid it crossways on the floor of the tub, and latched it to the floor. Doesn't move, isn't in the way...works for me for now.

Thanks people.
Cheers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts