BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just wanted to play around with my exsisting fog lights.. I have a cheaper pair from Princess auto, the chrome ones with the H-3 bulbs, 6" rounds.
Did some looking on ebay for 35w HID kits, found one for $57 bucks shipped to the door.
With in 2 days my items arrived, nice kit, 2 H-3 lights the fit right in the old fog light housing, 2 ballasts, wiring. The only thing I would have had to add is a relay and a switch, but since these were exsiting lights, it was almost plug and play.
The only other thing I had to do was extend the bulb wires.
Found a nice place to mount the ballasts and within about an hour
HID Fog lights
Seem brighter and I guess not a bad upgrade

Attachments

· Registered
430 Posts
right on looks good! you will definatly love the hids, they work wonders and off trail you won't have to worry about blinding anyone. Unless you want to of course!

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, ya, I don't mind blinding some ppl... Only those that deserve it, maybe ppl who don't align their head/fog lights and it blinds the oncoming traffic accross the highway..
Think i'm going to do the head lights next, I have to do a H-4 lense swap anyways, and get the High-Low H-4 HID plus lenses off ebay for almost the same prices as just the lense at the auto stores around here.
Post more pics when I do it
Cheers

· Registered
430 Posts
i bought my hids last year from ebay and they were less than half the cost to order them thru work. One of my ballasts died but after buying new ones i still came out cheaper than buying them thru my work lol

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Added some windshield lights and converted them as well. I'll have to get some daytime pics.
Cheers

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.