BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The original Jeep 4.0L inline-six was hewn from a solid block of granite by lightning bolts. Its cylinders were bored by the Imperial Winds and its rotating assembly was balanced by the Scales of Justice. The Ancient Egyptians used Jeep 4.0L engines to move the blocks which built the Pyramids, only switching to slave labor when it was found to be cheaper than the olive oil used to fuel the engines. Scientists have ranked the Jeep 4.0L engine as one of the strongest forces of nature, racking right up there with tectonic plate shifts for its low-end torque, and being surpassed by hurricanes only for its comparatively low redline. Mechanics have found imprints of fossilized dinosaur bones in block castings, and serial numbers in Roman numerals are a common sight. The design of the 4.0L's fuel injection system has been traced to the archives of Leonardo DaVinci, and early manuscripts of Shakespeare plays have been used as head gaskets for this engine (which, incidentally, explains the gaps in Shakespeare's collected works as well as the 4.0L's tendancy to leak oil). The engine's ancient roots also explain its ability to run on some very non-conventional fuels (original translations of the Rosetta Stone include evidence of Jeep 4.0L engines running on ox blood) as well as lubrications (during the Middle Ages, Jeep 4.0L crankcases were often filled with barley, with no detrimental effect on power output). Historians maintain that the fall of the Roman Empire hinged on their inability to design a superior engine, and had the Titanic been powered by a 4.0L Jeep engine, 1912 might have been a much happier year. Yes, had early-20th-century naval engineers had a touch more foresight, the Jeep 4.0L may have saved mankind from ever having to endure Leonardo DiCaprio and Celene Dion in the same sitting.

The only weakness in this otherwise unstoppable force of nature? Emissions. Yes, the engine's design may have come from the hand of Zeus, and its exhaust note at full throttle may have reverberated along the rock formations of Arizona to forge the Grand Canyon, but by the year 2007 its crude emissions control (originally consisting of papyrus strips soaked in the tears of the young Tutankhaman) had become outmoded, and the legendary, nay Biblical force of the Jeep 4.0L was put to rest.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but of course!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
what about the previous AMC 6s? like the 239(i think that was its CI) that had 600hp in nascar back in the 60s-70s

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
as cool as it sounds, the 4.0 HO was the only good engine, the Renix generation were a bit crappy, and the 4.2 well, its only as good as its carb

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
mix the 4L with the 4.2L then you have a real awsome engine lol

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
So how many cylinders does that Fleetwood of yours have :confused::poke:
Apples and oranges there :mullet boy. Diesel motors and Gas motors are two different things. That said the little 6.6L V8 diesel in my pickup puts out more horespower and torque than the Cat 7.2L I6 does :p;)

mix the 4L with the 4.2L then you have a real awsome engine lol
Now you're talking! Thats the only way to make that I6 come alive. :D

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Apples and oranges there :mullet boy. Diesel motors and Gas motors are two different things. That said the little 6.6L V8 diesel in my pickup puts out more horespower and torque than the Cat 7.2L I6 does :p;)
i'm sure the cat motor can eat your 6.6 v8 for breakfast and **** it out all day. :*******

·
Registered
5,837 Posts

Nice backpedal. You didn't say "real gas engines have 8 cylinders" or "real motors have 8 cylinders, unless its a diesel"

What next? "real motors are stamped GM" ? :whiteflag:

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
i'm sure the cat motor can eat your 6.6 v8 for breakfast and **** it out all day. :*******
LOL you're probably right. All depends on what we're asking the motor to do and how we set it up. ;) I'd sure like to try out a Kodiak with similar weight and gearing and give it a shot. Can't argue with the dependability of the Cat though.

Nice backpedal. You didn't say "real gas engines have 8 cylinders" or "real motors have 8 cylinders, unless its a diesel"

What next? "real motors are stamped GM" ? :whiteflag:
LOL You know me better than that Dan. I don't back pedal much :D

My original post was in jest but I'd take a small block V8 over the 4.0 any day. The 4.0 is a great motor but it's no V8. Get that 5L of your running right and then let's talk. :*******

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
mah,

real motors don't need spark plugs:finger_1:

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
mah,

real motors don't need spark plugs:finger_1:

and in your case, real motors don't need gas or diesel

Which reminds me of another thread, where someone was claiming they got a huge fine because their automotive propane system had a fitting on it that would allow a bbq bottle to be hooked up and therefore they could run a fuel without paying road tax on it

So I expect that you're keeping track of your veggie oil consumption and paying the apropriate tax to the apropriate authorities right?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
So I expect that you're keeping track of your veggie oil consumption and paying the apropriate tax to the apropriate authorities right?
I don't know about Canada but in the parts of the US you're allowed to make your own tax free fuel up to a certain amount.

You need to start looking for your own source of propane. Go dig a hole in your backyard and see what you find :D:clown

1 - 16 of 16 Posts