BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm buying a tent trailer, and have no hitch or wiring on my jeep. 91 YJ

Is there anywhere in town I can get a hitch for a reasonable price? Could I pull one off a jeep at a wrecker? What about the wiring? Is there anything in the harness that's prewired to be spliced into?

· Registered
351 Posts
Trailer wiring is pretty easy, you just need to splice into your tail lights. (I'm assuming it's a simple trailer - no brakes, just lights) A kit is probably available for your truck specifically, I typically go to crappy tire.

· Registered
1,841 Posts
the tail lights on a YJ have the brake, signal, and park light all in one bulb just like most trailers dont they? if so then yah trailer wiring is easy. if not and the brake/park light bulb is seperate from the signal bulb then you need a harness converter to go to the trailer if the trailer has brake/park and signal in one bulb like most trailers do. still easy you just have to buy a converter then.

· Registered
219 Posts
If a pre- made wiring harness is available would go that route. Added trailer wiring to my ’03 TJ and all you had to do was locating the factory connector for the tail lights and insert the harness’ connector. The toughest part was getting your hand up inside the tub by the taillights to separate the factory connectors. Lordco, Cdn tire should have the harnesses.

Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.