BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what other people have used as tire groovers, today I tried out the chainsaw on my tsl swampers, I also thought of using the arc welder and a hacksaw blade bent to shape.... let me know what you guys think:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
472 Posts
i think your crazy(chainsaw?). the real thing isnt that expensive. ive used a utility blade before.

·
Following in the footprints of BC's history
4,911 Posts
Angle grinder. LR

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Following in the footprints of BC's history
4,911 Posts
chain saw is not that crazy...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwItiRI_iC0, have a look seems to work, I also hooked the hack saw blade up to the arc welder and it got red hot.....just not sure how to hold it tho...
I doubt its possible, but can you still find those old asbestos gloves they used to use to change gun barrels with in Vietnam and such? I bet you could pat out a bonfire with those things! If surplus stores still sell them then that'd work. LR

·
Registered
80 Posts
I doubt its possible, but can you still find those old asbestos gloves they used to use to change gun barrels with in Vietnam and such? I bet you could pat out a bonfire with those things! If surplus stores still sell them then that'd work. LR

If you want to hold really, really, really hot things, you need ALUMINIZED gloves. I run a crematorium and use them to handle items up to 800 degrees celcius (they're rated to1000 degrees). You can get them at NAPA or another parts/saftey equipment store. Happy holding!

·
Registered
32 Posts
A reciprocating saw works well..You just need to sharpen an old blade like a knife takes a few minutes on the grinder :beer

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Get a couple buds together and buy a groover. A friend of mine had a small one that worked OK, then a bunch of us went in and bought the big one and it's sooooo easy. It only cost me 25 bucks and I can use it whenever I want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts