BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 92 v-6 i'am looking for the horn wire if anyone know's the color of this wire and follow where it goes would be a huge help for me. I'am trying to hook up some hella horns but their is no wire going to the horn somebody has messed with it before hooking up air horns so i'am trying to find the stock wire so i can use my horns for once.

------------------
Treading Heavily

·
Registered
376 Posts
Lucky 4 U I happen to have my factory shop manual sitting by my computer and I have had the same problem with my 90 4Runner. The color wires are blue with white stripe (hot) and green with red stripe (ground via the horn switch). The wires are routed thru the right front fender area, if you remove the inner fender liner you will see it very close to the marker light harness. The horn is mounted behind the grille near the battery on the pass. side. The harness runs behind the battery and down inside the fender. You will need to convert the new horns if they are single terminal type. Toyota ground switches the horns and thus you will find 12 v constant on the Blue/White wire. Converting the horns is easy, you just need a relay and a bit of electrical knowledge. Good Luck!

------------------
Me Tarzan u ? Favorite tool?
Monkey wrench!
I am the original shade tree mechanic

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot Tarzan i just couldn't find those wires cause the person before me has messed with it the original horn is their but no wires to be found anywhere like you said i had the right fender apart and couldn't find any wires that color so now i'am under the dash following the wire from the horn switch. At least i know what color's i'am looking for thanks again.

------------------
Treading Heavily

·
Registered
183 Posts
green/red (-) steering column

------------------
81 3/4 ton chevy w/ 7" susp lift & 3" body lift
NEW 35" mud-terrains, pro-comp off-road lights
OH DID I MENSION I HAVE AN alarm!?
<SPORTIN A CHEVY> <BeCaUsE Im SiLlY lIkE tHaT!!!>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts