BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. Does anybody know the HP rating of the 8 valve 1.6l I will need to travel about 100 miles to wheel in the PG area on a regular basis and the Sammy is a real dog on the highway with the 1.3. I have considered towing my Zuk everytime I want to head out on the trails, but with the price of fuel these days, driving the Zuk is the more viable option. Plans for the zuk are a 4.5 SPOA, 31's, 4.56 gears, and some sort of engine swap. The 1.6 seems to be the simpler swap of them all and there for is the logical choice. Also, would the engine swap be needed with the lower gears?

·
Registered
401 Posts
the stock 1.3 L is around 66 HP and the 8V 1.6L is around 85 HP Doesn't sound like much but quite an increase for that size of vehicle.

The 4.56's may not be enough to compensate for the 31's. I have 31's and 5.13 and its over compensation. It screams on the hiway (being on the island we don't go that fast anyways!) Maybe try 4.62's for a little more reduction or go with the 4.56's and get reduction Tcase gears in the future

------------------
IRC member
1986 radio flyer, red

1 - 2 of 2 Posts