BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 86 p/u has a continuously saggy ass. a buddy of mine said to throw some new shackles on to lift up the back end a bit? any other ideas.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They work huh? I think I went in there once and they said they didn't have them, but i'll give em a try.

attaboy_264 said:
Get one of them Add-A-Leaf kits from Lordco!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well....... how but I make you an offer? did they make a difference? i'll call Lordco and find out a price for new ones and then make you an offer, how old are they? are they hard to put in?

Jordan said:

I have a pair of add-a-leafs I just took out of my Toy. I am not sure what they are worth though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jordan, you have mail......

Jordan said:

I have a pair of add-a-leafs I just took out of my Toy. I am not sure what they are worth though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya, I just phoned and they are $80 plus all kinds of taxes! Not too keen on a super hard ride(in my truck anyway!) but not sure what else to do to get that end up.

attaboy_264 said:
There about a 100 clams from lordco! I think they work good for more height, but they dont flex that good, not bad, but not good either!
;) ;)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
What about going to a new set of leafs? Do a Chevy swap or something.

Even better, spend the money and go 3/5 eliptical or something.

·
Chump
624 Posts
Goof said:
What about going to a new set of leafs? Do a Chevy swap or something.

Even better, spend the money and go 3/5 eliptical or something.
3/5 eliptical?????

3/4 E did not really cost me anything extra when I did my S10 spring swap, just a little more time and some low cost material.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
3/5 eliptical????? What's that? Maybe I will do a checy swap, don't know. I am probably getting a new box right quick, so maybe i'll do it all then.

Jordan said:

3/4 E did not really cost me anything extra when I did my S10 spring swap, just a little more time and some low cost material.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I ment 3/4. Damn fat finger and the buttons are so close together.

Wait...I have skinny fingers and my keys are well spaced. Damn, I just plain screwed up.

There was a thread a while ago with a good description (and picture) of what a 3/4 eliptical suspension is...can't seem to find it though.

·
Chump
624 Posts
Goof said:

Wait...I have skinny fingers and my keys are well spaced. Damn, I just plain screwed up.

There was a thread a while ago with a good description (and picture) of what a 3/4 eliptical suspension is...can't seem to find it though.
That thread was lost in the great crash of '02

·
Registered
207 Posts
Goof said:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/suspension/buggyleaf/index.html

funny thing, when I was first told up buggy leafs, I had no idea what that was. I got this link, I didn't read anything, scrolled right to the bottom, looked at the picture, understood exactly what it was and came up with my own plan for it. Then I read the the description, and it was pretty much the same as what I was going to do :p :rolleyes:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey randy, how bout that box? any word? thanks for the leaf ideas too.

randbeast said:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/suspension/buggyleaf/index.html

funny thing, when I was first told up buggy leafs, I had no idea what that was. I got this link, I didn't read anything, scrolled right to the bottom, looked at the picture, understood exactly what it was and came up with my own plan for it. Then I read the the description, and it was pretty much the same as what I was going to do :p :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts