BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a fine collection of 30-40 useless tires. Is there any way to get rid of used tires without paying $3 each? These things are taking up way too much room.

Thanks.

Dan.

·
Registered
465 Posts
hmmm buddy of mine works at tire place and he said his boss pays 10 cents per tires and charges people 3 bux per tires..im not too sure where he put them away.. so if u find the source maybe u could do that instead.. or something.. i really dont know..

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
last time I bought tires from a shop they would only take as many scrap tires as I bought, so I dont know if I can get rid of extras, perhaps I'll call.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Easy, you drop them off at a tire shop at 3am and then when they arrive in the morning they put them in their pile and have them sent away to be recycled, alot of the time at no charge. I know at my work they are charged very little, and people do this all the time, we don't care all that much because for the amount of tires people take out of our scrap pile others somewhat replace, but hey i never said anything:laugh

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And your shop is where???? :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hahahahahaha Kamloops, but hey if you feel like driving here??:D :******* :mullet

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just think of any shop that has screwed you in the past then just go and dump them in the middle of their lot at 3am!!!!!:laugh

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Throw one a day into the dumpster at work?

You guys are hilarious. :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
they some times make good speed bumps on the main street,
or fun to role down big hills, just a couple ideas:soso

·
Registered
465 Posts
i was thinking of the tire pit.. sounds like a cool idea.. hmmm if i had a land of my own.. maybe its something i should consider :p

good practice before i go to ttc later on :D

·
Registered
708 Posts
this may be the dumbest thing u ever heard. but you know how farmers use tires to hold plastic down overtop of stuff. ask them just an idea

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
start a tire swing business. just remember who gave you the idea when you become a billionaire.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SizzleChest said:
start a tire swing business. just remember who gave you the idea when you become a billionaire.
Tell you what, I'll supply you with the tires and you can make the first million :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Re: tires

wascobi said:
just put a buck passer ad in for $1. free tires,come and get'm
Don't do this! I did this once to get rid a few things and all you get is a$$holes that whine and complain that your free stuff is not good enough for them. I can remember this one man that was looking at a free washer and dryer set, it was older you know the kind, that funky 70's avacado green. This person was furious that it was green and "too ugly" for his home... he even insisted that I should pay him for the gas he used to come and look at them.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thats fricken ridiculous, why would anyone b*tch about free stuff, if you don't like it... GO HOME!! Anyway, why not get a set of ****e rims and go out somewhere in the boonies on a paved road and smoke the tires off?? always been a fave option of mine, we did that at my buddies stag a few weeks ago, it was great, 72.5m of single track, pure black rubber on the road, it was great:D :D :cool: :mullet :rolleyes: :canadian :beer

1 - 20 of 30 Posts