BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 87 K3500 running 35s and I wanna pull a 5th wheel trailer. Im garrantied I have to lower my truck some. Does anyone know how high the truck can be and still tow the trailer ? thanks guys

------------------
87 chevy K3500 longbox, running 35's and a mild 350

·
Registered
453 Posts
You might be able to put lift springs and larger tires on your trailer?? On my friends F350 with 315's or 35's he still tows his fifth wheel, all he did was get the spring shop to add a leaf into each pack and re arc them, and added larger tires and he manages?

------------------
Project MudhuckerII is now underway and movin ahead

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have a buddy in the RV technician program at the college and I guess were he's been working in Surrey over the co-op terms, one of the things they did was spring overs on some of teh 5th wheels, relatively inexpensive, don't know if it would work for yours though

------------------
88 4runner, 22RE with some minor stuff done to it

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'll concur with the spring over. We had to do this on a 5th wheel we took up the logging roads. It's easier than you think, and fine pulling it at highway speeds.This would give you a few more inches to work with definitely

------------------
I've used up my sick days, so I'm calling in dead, and I'd like three funeral days along with my weekend off.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Axle flip(SOA) and lift blocks or extra leafs will do the trick. All RV dealers and shops do these now since trucks are getting taller and taller.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts