BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My timing chain snapped some time back, did the chain still didn't work, so did compression check and the 2 and 4 cylinders have no compresson, Bent valves?? I pulled the head off yesterday but can see no evident damage to the valves, but thats just by looking at the outside off them while they are in the block. Also there are a couple little nicks in the cylinders, big deal??? HELP ME PLEASE, this thing has been out of order way to long and my parent's are getting mad. 86 22-re Anthony

------------------
Yota Anyone?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Close the valves in the head and turn it upside down.
Then fill the chambers with varsol. If it all leaks out you have bent some valves!
If the varsol doesn't pour out then perhaps the chain was installed leaving the valve timing so far out you won't have any compression.
I've seen this situation more than once.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1inch body, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

[This message has been edited by dp (edited January 21, 2002).]

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think the chain is out, the 1st cylinder is at top dead, and everything else, I was talking to my bro today and he said that even if they are bent .002 of an inch it could cause problems, so I think it's time to get the head rebuilt, I am kinda concerned about the cylinders though, any thoughts?

------------------
Yota Anyone?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yee, dp, do you live in souther Sask?? just courious, you seem to know your stuff, and might be helpful, but I think you live to far away

------------------
Yota Anyone?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Yeah, I live to far from you to help.
The bottom end is probably ok, but check the valves, you most likely have a few bent ones.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1inch body, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts