BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the topic. What's the best deal you guys have gotten on some new Rancho 9000s (not 9012s).

Also, has anyone ever heard of different size 9000s based on how much lift you have? Thanks.

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

·
Registered
382 Posts

------------------
This 4x4 thing is starting to take away from my beer fund.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yes. I for instance run the RS9012, which is a variation of the 9000. The 12 signifies a different lenght. It's longer then your average 9000.

------------------
If you didn't roll it, you havn't tried hard enough! I have...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Pete - somewhere on the Rancho site they have a chart showing compressed and extended lengths for all 5000/9000 series shocks.

If you can get them for less than 100 each pre-tax then you're doing well.

·
Registered
193 Posts
There is technically no actual Rancho 9000. They are numbered off per application. Rancho 9012 as Mud Kick said is a 9000. Everyone just wants the 9012 version because it is the longest. So for instance a 2 inch lifted Ford application might be RS 9003 or something. $98 seems pretty good. NSOR has a retail posted price without a discount of $167 per shock.

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info dudes. Guess I'm going to have to get the front end together and weld up that RTI ramp I've always wanted before I buy some shocks.

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Why do you need an RTI ramp? Just support your truck by the frame and measure the distance between the shock mounts eye to eye at full droop. That will tell you how much extension you will need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts