BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i wanted to install a body lift on my 92 explorer, and i would have no clue where to start. My father, on the other hand, would definitely know. He says it would be a lot of work....how much work is it to install a body lift for someone who relatively knows what they're doing? i ask only for i know how much of a sweetheart i must be to him

Also, if you guys have any links that would be of aid to me, that would be great.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
It would be a full day of work! Talk to Illusions and see if they could give you a copy of any instructions they have for body lift install on your explorer!

------------------
78 Bronco 351M NP435 NP205, D44 and Ford 9", and all stock!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
HI, It may also depend on how much of a body lift,auto or stick. But it really depends on preperation. Expect the unexpected, I do not know if you will run into problems with a newer truck as far as wiring being long enough or not. But the job itself is just time consuming not to hard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just put a 2" lift in an '88 Bronco2. You have to lift all the carpet to get at the body mount bolts.Mine had a couple of rotted mounts, so I had to get a couple from the wreckers.You have to relocate the fan shroud. Steering extension. Expect that it will take you about 2 - 4 hours more than what people tell you if it's your first one.
I got lucky and didn't have to cut away the floor for the shifters. If you have a bush grill with headlight guards, you either have to take them off, or think about relocating your bumper. I ended up with a space between rear bumper and body that needs to be filled. It's worth any time and effort spent. 3" or more lift gets to be a little trickier. IE..extensions, brake lines, bumpers ect...
Hope this helps....

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Anymore than 3" of body lift is not street legal! Check the bylaws before lifting!

------------------
Shopping List...
NP203, 15"x7-8" 5x5.5" wheels!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by votrechien:
Hey, i wanted to install a body lift on my 92 explorer, and i would have no clue where to start. My father, on the other hand, would definitely know. He says it would be a lot of work....how much work is it to install a body lift for someone who relatively knows what they're doing? i ask only for i know how much of a sweetheart i must be to him
Dont wast your time putting a body lift in there is to much box and body sway.

Also, if you guys have any links that would be of aid to me, that would be great.

Thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts