BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I lost the key to my roof rackand I need to move one of the bars on it any idea how to break the lock or where to go?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
:welder
:D :D :D
Might help if you had make / model / brand / application type info.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
352 Posts
If there is a number (usually 3 digit) on the front of the lock, you can take the make, model number etc and this number to your locksmith.

They have catalogs where you can either order another key or use a pattern (codes) to cut one. Can get rather expensive..........upwards of $20+

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hehe, slender screwdriver and a hammer. Jam that mofo in there and turn. :D

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Find a really nice truck parked on the street. Sit there watching it for a couple nights and you have a good chance of meeting a car thief. I'm sure they will be able to help you.

hehehe, you best bet it to take the whole vehicle to a locksmith and ask them what they can do. Try that, or a Roof Rack store that sells that brand.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Goof said:
Find a really nice truck parked on the street. Sit there watching it for a couple nights and you have a good chance of meeting a car thief.
Or pull into a gas station in Surrey and ask one of the punks hangin out there.
Delta punks might not know how, and Whalley punks would use a BFH. Most educated thieves might be Guilford.:D :D :D
Not slaggin 'Surrey', just Surrey theives. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
desteurm said:

Sounds like a recipe for stealing a Honda...:eek:
Bah, I wouldn't go through THAT much effort for a Honda...that's overkill! I can get into one of those with a butterknife or any flat, stiff object. FWIW, I work in a high-rise building in Seattle and assist visitors all the time, lol. I usually get 2 a week. I've had people tell me that they want to sell their Accords after seeing how fast I can get into them. :D Fastest one was 2 seconds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts