BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got this fullsize bronco that runs and drives good, but its ugly as hell.

Is there anyone that can tell me how wide a
Ranger is, and what wheelbases were available.

------------------
Dan
91 Cherokee, 3" body lift, 2" front lift blocks, Warn XD900i winch, custom narrowed rear seat.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I think that they should be somewhere in the neighbourhood of 70" wide. Track width should be around 58"

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Burnaby, B.C.
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

I was going to go crazy but then I realized that I already have a summer home there.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, the fullsize is substantially wider. I wonder how much tire coverage cut out flares would give me.

------------------
Dan
91 Cherokee, 3" body lift, 2" front lift blocks, Warn XD900i winch, custom narrowed rear seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got an 88 bronco2.It sits at 68" wide with 31x10.5x15's.MT's.I can gain another 1.5" by changing wheels to american racing 767's.That's next.Can't run them without lifting at least 3" - 4". As far as the wheelbase, it's the same as a jeep.I don't know about the pickups, probably about 10" longer.Nice thing about them is the tight turning radius.Hope this helps.

------------------
'88 Bronco2/2" body lift/2"spring lift/31-10.5 mt's/2.9 v6 /5 speed

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by chuckr:
I've got an 88 bronco2.It sits at 68" wide with 31x10.5x15's.MT's.I can gain another 1.5" by changing wheels to american racing 767's.That's next.Can't run them without lifting at least 3" - 4". As far as the wheelbase, it's the same as a jeep.I don't know about the pickups, probably about 10" longer.Nice thing about them is the tight turning radius.Hope this helps.

Early Ranger B2 trucks were 68" wide, full size 78/79 were 79" wide I think.
Ranger shorty wheelbase is 108", B2 is 94". Big Bronco is 104"
Since the hood/front fenders on a full size is about a foot longer, you will need either a lot of hammering, or a BIG bodylift to clear the trans. Another option would be to keep it low and extend the front clip a foot or so :) If you use a B2 body, and graft in a 80-86 FS front clip, the wheelbase will end up about right. The lines are similar too, so it should look decent.

------------------

I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by tiessen:
Hmmm, Dan you must be thinking of something like this...
http://www.bh4wheelers.com/Personal...rth/history.htm

Yeah was kinda thinking maybe a Ranger body on the fullsize bronco frame, theres really nothing wrong with the bronco except that its ugly, so hey, what better thing to do than put a smaller body on it.

Just was wondering how much the tires are gonna stick out from under the narrower body.

------------------
Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts