BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which should i go with? i've got autos on right now, but i bought a pair of manuals a while back. my toy has 33s with a add-a-leaf lift and upped torsion bars. 90% of my driving is on on road. i was going to switch to manual, but am second guessing now. i don't really like the idea of having to get in and out each time i use 4x4 on the road when it snows which usually is just to get out of my quiet side street and on to the main roads. yea, i'm lazy, but i'm looking for some pros and cons of each and your opinions. thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I like the manuals better. You can always leave them locked in the winter time and then it is no different than what you have now.

33's you say? Are these 33x12.5's? Any body lift besides the torsion bars and add-a-leaf.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'd say manual just because i've been as so lucky to have a set of auto hubs go in the middle of a pit and wham, i was diggin in mud up to my knees for 4hrs to get out, totally sucked. I personally like to keep things as cheap and basic as possible then i can usually fix it myself for cheap, and i know what it's doing no b.s. electronics or vacuum systems

·
Registered
325 Posts
The manuals will be alot easier on your cv's, and since you cranked the torsion bars up abit I would opt for the Manuals.

·
Registered
363 Posts
SizzleChest said:
Just out of curiousity, what brand and tread are those tires? Was thinking of getting a set of those on my cruiser (when I get it that is, only a matter of time!)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Manuals hubs are the way to go, less to go wrong.
And they don't unlock when you have to reverse in a muddy pit, and leave you stuck!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
burnt03 said:

Just out of curiousity, what brand and tread are those tires? Was thinking of getting a set of those on my cruiser (when I get it that is, only a matter of time!)
BFG A/T KOs. the ones in my sig pic are 31s, can't remember the brand.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
manual, auto are crap, especially toyota auto hubs

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've had my truck since new in '89 ,had the bars cranked up since then and never had a problem in over 430,000kms.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nfc said:
I've had my truck since new in '89 ,had the bars cranked up since then and never had a problem in over 430,000kms.
that's with the autos i'm assuming...?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
are there two lengths of manual hubs? like one size that doesn't stick out as far as the other?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts