BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Made a trip to Hut today......met up Wit Sonny, and a couple other cruisers at the trail head....we all aired down in the poaring rain...

Sonnys rig....

...so we headed up the road...expecting some snow, jus didnt have a clue how much, or if any??

hit some all of a sudden, about 3/4`s of the way up...snapped a few thru the windshield

the entrance to the hut trail was lookin wicked...

fairly slick, i`d say

more to come,....jus uploadin:popcorn

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...mo pics.....

at the first lake.....nice a nd sunny, wit some snow fallin in waves...wierd!

Had a wicked day....didnt brake anything

im pretty sure Sonny has some nice pics to post up :poke:

·
ultimate web wheeler
2,359 Posts
lol...i didnt bring out the big cam today...just the kids cam. i should invest in an all weather protector for it. i got some good clips, but for some reason youtube isnt letting me upload at the moment...

airing down. 3 80s and an XJ...total wagonfest.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

sizing up the entrance while the kids played in the snow. pics dont really show the off camber stuff & drop off...being lost in all the whiteness.

Snow Plant Nature Branch Slope

Snow Plant Tree Outdoor recreation Mountain

Snow Plant Tree Freezing People in nature

·
ultimate web wheeler
2,359 Posts
some randoms on our way to and up the water fall. we didnt go all the way to upper hut...just turned around after the corner after the waterfall. graham got in a bit of a pinch around the bend almost rubbing passenger--err drivers side doors with the wall, but was able to sort himself out unscathed. levi was in front and walked it no issues...i followed his line drama free.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

following andy heading down

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wow what a difference from 3 weeks ago when we went. No snow anywhere. Nice pics. Was up at clear creek today with the Hundy and we had the same kind of weather. Sun, rain, snow, sun, hail, sleet, sun. It was interesting.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Very nice guys. Just couldn't get off the couch today to join up.

Can't believe it's pretty much snowing in Vancouver right now!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice write up, and wicked pics, Sonny!......we had a awsome day!...the 80`s performed, big time!...lookin forward to doin it again!

Woke up this mornin to find snow half way down the chief.....it barely came that low all winter...

better late than never, i guess

·
Registered
661 Posts
Great pics guys!

This should go with that XJ VS LC 80 debate earlier, looks like both did pretty good.
I think the XJ definitely outwheeled the 80s, but between Sonny's leather seats and grahams stock cooler/freezer between the seats I think we out classed them.

I was worried through that beginning section with the snow as my 6700lb school bus likes to slide to the lowest spot like a curling rock but I did ok and it definitely added some excitement. On the way out Levi crawled up and out with out spinning a tire, Sonny finessed it up with style, working the brake to stop spinning, Graham had a little more difficulty till the right line was found and I matted it like a drunk fool. My 80 is going to go on a bit of a diet in the next year to make room for some sliders and skid plates.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great pics guys!

I think the XJ definitely outwheeled the 80s, but between Sonny's leather seats and grahams stock cooler/freezer between the seats I think we out classed them.

I was worried through that beginning section with the snow as my 6700lb school bus likes to slide to the lowest spot like a curling rock but I did ok and it definitely added some excitement. On the way out Levi crawled up and out with out spinning a tire, Sonny finessed it up with style, working the brake to stop spinning, Graham had a little more difficulty till the right line was found and I matted it like a drunk fool. My 80 is going to go on a bit of a diet in the next year to make room for some sliders and skid plates.
Dude, those 80`s suprised me at every obstacle....but, ya,shedding a few pounds wouldnt hurt!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the second lake is a pond....no more obstacles after the water falls...so, that makes turn around time

i was telling the guys yesterday....out of the hundred or so times ive been there, ive only bin up upper about 3 or 4 times

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.