BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hoping to make a quick run out there on Monday with a buddy of mine. Could anyone e-mail me some directions from squamish? I have never been there befor. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
101 Posts
HUT LAKE!!!

you can come wheeling with me man whenever your free i go every weekend.. call me or post reply or email me 803 0706

·
Registered
101 Posts
HUT LAKE!!!

hut lake is in squamis its a pretty hard trail you can come wheeling with me man and 10 other people that wheel with me whenever your free i go every weekend.. call me or post reply or email me 803 0706

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
steve25 said:
could a 4rrunner with 3inch lift and 33's be ok for this trail
Yeah your truck should do fine, but you may as well kiss the paint on your truck goodbye...won't be much left of it when your finished running the trail... :p

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My damage from hut: One taillight housing and I ripped my t-case skid plate completly off. Broke both of the damned bolts.

Oh yeah and my biddy ripped his exhaust system from the cat back out.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Active Trac should make that trail as simple as cruisin' the parking lot at the mall. ;) :rolleyes:

FWIW, I ran lower and upper Hut open diff'd in my Jeep. I did the hard lines too. It's definitely harder than say Eagle Ridge or Sunrise but I don't think you need lockers or big tires to run it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
LETS GO!!

me and a bunch of buddies are goiong to hut this weekend if anyone wants to come let me know..... i went up with no damage and so did the other 3 people that were with me in our suzuki's and one of my buddies had no lockers...... but i will admit upper hut does kill the paint because noone can make ...... very grown in...

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
You'll get lots of pin striping on your truck but as far as damage goes...well, that's entirely up to you and how you drive the trail. I've done that trail many times and so far I've only flattened two tires (had nothing to do with the trail) and put a crack in my windshield.

The fact of the matter is, if you want to do the more interesting trails in southwestern BC, you're going to have to accept pin striping or else you'll be very miserable.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
which trail leads to upper hut? We didn't have time to do any exploring once we got to the lake. There were (I beleive) three trails leading away from the lake. Which one goes to upper?

·
Registered
155 Posts
lars said:
You'll get lots of pin striping on your truck but as far as damage goes...well, that's entirely up to you and how you drive the trail. I've done that trail many times and so far I've only flattened two tires (had nothing to do with the trail) and put a crack in my windshield.

The fact of the matter is, if you want to do the more interesting trails in southwestern BC, you're going to have to accept pin striping or else you'll be very miserable.

...lars
yeah well My plastic bumper is gone now and it has a custom steal 1 now hehe body damage is fun better excuse to get better armour

·
Registered
155 Posts
lars said:

...lars
yeah i have plenty of scratches, but nothing cut polish cant take care of, thats why theres that thing called a prime coat

·
Registered
155 Posts
jeeponrock said:
Active Trac should make that trail as simple as cruisin' the parking lot at the mall. ;) :rolleyes:

FWIW, I ran lower and upper Hut open diff'd in my Jeep. I did the hard lines too. It's definitely harder than say Eagle Ridge or Sunrise but I don't think you need lockers or big tires to run it.
[/Q

not funny wise cracker

·
Silverback
1,270 Posts
jeeponrock said:
......."coffee out the nose" funny, Jon. :D

Nice quip. I'm still disappointed that I didn't get to see you and Dan on that "test run".

Dan, if you're reading this, you've still got my mapbook. I picked up another one, so you can keep the dog-eared original - but I'd like the Walker Valley pamphlet/map that should be stuck between the pages.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Re: LETS GO!!

wenwen said:
me and a bunch of buddies are goiong to hut this weekend if anyone wants to come let me know..... i went up with no damage and so did the other 3 people that were with me in our suzuki's and one of my buddies had no lockers...... but i will admit upper hut does kill the paint because noone can make ...... very grown in...
Upper hut lake isn't too bad, but once you get to the second lake over the water falls its hell getting to upper upper hut lake. I did the trip awhile back and it was so bad I had to put the truck in the bush and ride up with my buddy in his Jeep. A suzuki broke a leaf pack and it was dog walkin the whole way up and down. the trail is all rock climbing, so if you don't want to damage your rig I suggest you ride with someone that has done it before. One guy in a Toy single cab with a flat deck banana'd his steering cross bar, he had 36's on and the bar touched the ground. i got pics of that one!! Its an awesome ride though.:D :canadian :beer

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Re: Re: LETS GO!!

BigBlueDevil said:

Upper hut lake isn't too bad, but once you get to the second lake over the water falls its hell getting to upper upper hut lake.
I don't quite follow you.

Hut Lake is the first lake and the only real obstacle on the way there is that exposed section with the drop-off on the left, which has that rock step on the right side of the trail.

After Hut Lake, you have to go up through The Median and then The Trench (could that be the waterfall you're talking about??). Then it gets really bushy and after some easy (but scratchy) driving, you reach Upper Hut.

Beyond that is another lake which requires driving through even denser brush. I've only been there once 'cuz the trail is quite easy but the bush covers so much of the trail that it is extremely aggravating. Is that the "second lake over the water falls" that you're talking about?

Has anyone been beyond that third lake?

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

1 - 20 of 30 Posts