BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for any of you that actually remember me(or give a crap), I finally bought a truck! and of all types I buy a ford! A FORD! I was going on and on about the toyotas the samurais, the solid axles blah blah....but long behold Im the proud(well...not-so proud but you get the picture) owner of a 1984 ford bronco II! Yes thats right...800 bucks for the truck...AND 1500 IN REPAIR SO FAR! And its not even out of the garage yet Im waiting on some new bushings for the shackle.

Well enough blabbing and bragging. Being the 4X4 noob I was wondering what kind of inexpencive performance-boosters I could obtain. I was thinking 2-3 inch body lift, and slap on some 32/10.5's on the stock rims, but any other ideas(under a thousand!) are welcome. oh and can anyone give me a ballpark on the cheapes 2 1/4 inch duel exhaust is gonna cost? I have to make my little 2.8 litre at least sound powerful. lol
~RYAN:soso

·
Registered
898 Posts
Hmmm, new shackle bushings? The only part of my rear suspension (on Broncenstein) that is original is my shackles and the bushings (better flex that way...)

32x10.5R15's will fit the stock rims. 32x11.5's on stock rims will rub the radius arms a bit.

Unless you have a CONSIDERABLE amount of work into the 2.8, dual 2 1/4" exhaust will actually HURT performance! My 2.8 has a custom cam, dual air intake, MSD/Duraspark ignition, custom ground cam, K&N filter, Aerostar headers, custom dual cats, and approximately 200 horsepower. The only reason I have dual 2 1/4" on mine is because that is what was easiest for me to swap in. I wouldn't want any larger, even with my engine mods (and when it hits 6000 rpm, it sounds like a cross between a Mustang GT and a cloud of REALLY pissed off hornets!)

If you want a few ideas for cheap mods, stop by my place some time. I have three BII's, some mods, and I'm a cheap bastard who would rather mess around for a couple hours than spend an extra $20...

Do a search on the web for Bronco II and Ranger. There are several sites that have tons of good info on modding the BII. The Ranger Station, RRORC, and RPS are a few of the best I've found.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts