BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come everytime I stumble on another board for IH's TOM.M has already been there, or is that here.hmmm Anyway I'm looking for a reverse rotation axle for my 76scoutII.IS there instructions somewere on how to use all the little faces
Oh crap mabey I am dead I just saw the legend

I saw this on someone elses site,thought it was pretty funny
It's a wheelbase thing your, jeep wouldn't understand

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by R O:
How come everytime I stumble on another board for IH's TOM.M has already been there, or is that here.hmmm Anyway I'm looking for a reverse rotation axle for my 76scoutII.IS there instructions somewere on how to use all the little faces
Oh crap mabey I am dead I just saw the legend

I saw this on someone elses site,thought it was pretty funny
It's a wheelbase thing your, jeep wouldn't understand
LOL! I am everywhere!

You mean you want to BUILD a RC-44 for your Scout, right?

I might get around to trying this this winter - assuming I can patch my body back together first. I have a '78/79 Ford HP44 with bent tubes lying in my yard, and a buddy has a Chevy 10-bolt or 44 with a spun pinion bearing I can cut up for the tubes I need to retube it and make a passenger-side drop HP front end for "Tigger"..

See ya at NWBRU?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should have been more consice.Yes, build from a donor ford front axle,I read on the BB faq about one from a f250,would that be a full-floater versus a semi from the bronco or f150.Being that I'm still not back at work yet,unless I can talk somebody else into driving,I probably will not attend NWBRU

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by R O:
Should have been more consice.Yes, build from a donor ford front axle,I read on the BB faq about one from a f250,would that be a full-floater versus a semi from the bronco or f150.Being that I'm still not back at work yet,unless I can talk somebody else into driving,I probably will not attend NWBRU

ALL (at least, everyone we're likely to find) front driving axles are full-floaters - be it from a 1/2T, 3/4T, or 1T+

The difference between an F150 and F250 RC44 front is the F150 has coil spring brackets and 5 on 5.5, while the F250 has leaf spring mounts and 8 on 6.5.

None of that really matters since you're going to "retube" the differential center section anyhow, and it's the same between both trucks.

One "advantage" of the F150 fronts - "every" one you'll find will be bent. Dicker down on the price! Doesn't really matter to YOU since you'll be retubing it, but the seller doesn't need to know that.

I picked up my bent F150 housing for free.. no gears.

I'm going to trade a bare Scout II '44 housing for a bare Chevy '44 housing to get the axle tubes I want/need.

-Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts