BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woohoo!

Humility is back, folks! ;)

Got stuck on the sand hill on Harrison Mill Road West about a mile before Clear Creek Main. Thought I could do it...made it 1/2 way, started backing up, turned around (stupid move) two wheels hung-up, two wheels spinning...not good.

Spent the next 2hrs digging until a (oh no...it's so embarrassing) Ford F250 came along and offered to help. Threw my towstrap to his trailer ball (I know...not good either, but he suggested it so what's a stuck guy gonna do?) and he pulled me 6" and I regained traction and drove myself out. *phew* (I'm thinking I may need lockers quick) A Hi-lift jack would've saved me too though...that's coming today for sure...

Anyways...I was definitely eating humble-pie on Saturday early afternoon. I think it was a good thing though. It made me that much more cautious, and that helped me think through future weekend runs that much more, and helped me make them without much worry. Probably good for it to happen to everybody at least once, I guess.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
RobC said:
Threw my towstrap to his trailer ball (I know...not good either, but he suggested it so what's a stuck guy gonna do?)
Well, it's no skin off his back. The trailer ball woulda flown threw your windshield and killed you, not him had it failed. Anyhow, glad to hear it went smooth.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, I thouhgt about that, and threw a heavy blanket over the strap beforehand...although the ball mak have been more powerful then anticipated.

I'll definitely watch that next time. Thanks for the heads up.

*c'mon wallet...I know there's a winch in there somewhere!*

Cheers!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Depending on your situation, next time you're stuck the same way (2 opposite corner wheels airbourne, spinning), slowly engage your parking brake. The idea is to equal the resistance to both drive wheels, thereby encouraging both to work equally, traction or not.

Also disconnect that swaybar to keep those wheels on the ground.

I offer this advice based on my own boneheaded experiences.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I was digging out I was using adjectives containing a lot of f* words, some included *head as well...etc...but bonehead would work as well... :D

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts