BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
81 TOYOTA Landcruiser BJ42, 4 spd, 3B diesel, 289,000 kms, new susp w 2.5" lift, lots of new pts, daily driver, body rusty but still solid, frame grt $5000 firm

-this is exactly what i'm looking for as long as it's good mechaniclay and the price sounds good to you guys i might look into it

·
Registered
163 Posts
yeah sounds about right, not the worlds greatest deal, but they are a fairly rare truck. sometimes you see them cheaper, but rarely below 3 grand. (and if they are , there's usually a reason) for 5 grand you should have a few to look at tho, whereas below that it becomes luck and a game of racing out with cash in hand before someone else gets it.
I'm still kicking my ass cause I didnt buy one on the island a couple years ago for 1800, perfect frame, strong motor. ugly as sin. but thats pretty much the cheapest 42 I've ever seen.
seems like ones in really good shape all around, ie with frame up resto's on them, tend to go for over 10g's pretty regularly.
I know where there's one with a perfect frame, 5 speed , spring over, winch, compressor and aluminum tub and other goodies, but unless you have a gun to go with that huge wad of cash...

cheers,
ryan

------------------
nothin that works

[This message has been edited by seapotato (edited January 17, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by seapotato (edited January 17, 2002).]

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I'd consider adding that to my list if it was located anywhere near where I live.
These trucks are getting harder to find, that price is a little high but it's only getting higher as the years pass.
I'm always looking for projects, rusty or not. I may have to take a vacation out west to get what I'm looking for.
Remember though that the 3B is way down on power compared to the 2F, you won't be pulling any large trailers over mountains with it.
It does however make a fantastic trail engine, able to run at all angles, decent torque.
Wish I had one.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1inch body, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Lots of guys would give their left nut for a diesel.

If its good mechanically and what you're looking for I'd say go for it.
Personally I can't stand paying for inflated Cruiser hardware. Starters, alternators, water pumps, etc. will make you go broke.
It will make a very good wheeler.

------------------
That's Nothing

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I looked at a POS of month or so ago.
It was a 68-72 rolled,rusted,mangled thing.
Not an undamaged piece on it,glass smashed , roof caved in .
It didn't have any brakes or clutch, and barely ran. Even the instuments were smashed.
It was apparently made from 2 other LC's. And the owner was very proud of his pile.
So proud infact that he wanted $2200 for it!!
Needless to say he's had no takers.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1inch body, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i already have a 2wd sonoma to get me where i'm going this just has to get to trails and go thats it no daily driving unless i have to sell my sonoma to do some real cool additions or conversions
if you guys think this is good price i'm gonna call about it

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got my 76 fj40 off the original owner for 1500 the body was probally one the rustiest ones around but the engine had been serviced regularly, ran perfect, frame was fine, and the thing had never been bashed off-road. Got some new fenders and ckeckerplating from aqualu, slapped a paint job on, and the thing looks sweet. But its deffinately hard to find one in that price range (p.s anyone got any lift springs?)

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
theres a guy from kelona with an 81BJ42 for 2800 obo its around here somewhere........

------------------
jeeps are for girls...
....cute ones!!
79 FJ cocked,locked and ready to unload!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.